Why become a member? ×

Owning and parting with Vintage Gear

Yep, I had three 70s Precisions at one point, two were decent but the other was simply the most aggressive sounding Precision I’ve ever heard - think JJ Burnel type sound.

3 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Yes. I have a pair of them. Luckily, he's a mate (we play in a band together).

My brother had a strat that Simon made. It was very nice but he fell out of love it and sold it (It went to the US)

You must come across Matt Schofield a bit then

Edited by police squad

I don't get the "can't take my vintage instrument out of the house because it's too valuable" mindset. Many of us own cars that are worth more than such instruments, but we don't say "better leave it in the garage in case someone dents/pinches it". That's what insurance is for.

Yes, vintage instruments are nice to own. Some are even nice to play. But they're tools to do a job.

• Like 1

The one bass I won’t gig has no more monetary value than any other 9 year old US Standard Precision, it’s the sentimental value. I’ve done so much with it that’s important to me that I don’t want to risk it being stolen at a gig. Not that the gigs I do are particularly like that but reduce the opportunity reduce the risk. And I play it all the time at home so it’s not a case queen.