Why become a member? ×

Sonicake B Factory preamp/DI for £36 delivered via Sonicake eBay store

lemmywinks

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Sweet, thanks! Are they good? (Of course I think I'll be finding out for myself soon) 

Have no idea, whenever I get the discount codes through I check for bass stuff and post it here. I grabbed one to retire my Behringer BD121 as my backup DI as this apparently has very nice compression (possibly optical), sounds great and is the same as the Hotone B Station according to a TB thread. Gut shots here (from the same thread):

1000001253-jpg.5464660

Can't think of a half decent preamp DI with decent compression for that sort of money, plus I also like bargains!

• Like 2

The black thing below the two pots on the top row does indeed look like an LDR optoisolator as used in optical compressors, and the board legend looks like it says OPT1. 

How does the drive sound, at a low setting? 

Posted (edited)

Well looks like I won't be getting this, apparently Evri delivered it to my work address (closed all weekend) on Saturday and no sign of it at all. Photo shows the parcel caeefully framed with absolutely nothing in the background, mainly the address label.

So money down the drain thanks to the theiving scum that is our new Evri driver.

Edited by lemmywinks

5 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Well looks like I won't be getting this, apparently Evri delivered it to my work address (closed all weekend) on Saturday and no sign of it at all. Photo shows the parcelcatefully framed with absolutely nothing in the background, mainly the address label.

So money down the drain thanks to the theiving scum that is our new Evri driver.

Surely you can claim against them via ebay?

28 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Surely you can claim against them via ebay?

I've sent a message, it's shown as delivered with a completely useless picture as "proof". We're on a block of two buildings and the GPS co-ordinates show the right location, I've checked with next door (a woman I've known for 38 years and her brother plays keys with us!) and it isn't there. Fortunately I've checked our cameras and the only time someone entered the property on Saturday was Royal Mail delivering small packages through the letterbox, I sent these screenshots to the Sonicake store.

Our old Evri guy was reliable but the new guy is 0 for 2 on deliveries, the first one went to a different street and the neighbour brought it round (checked with that guy earlier and no joy, funnily enough he's a postman) and this just completely missing with a well framed delivery picture that gives nothing away.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully should be getting a refund via eBay after jumping through loads of hoops. Annoyingly they acknowledged I hadn't received the item after showing them the CCTV and forwarding an email from Evri confirming it was "lost" yet required me to go through more CS idiocy with both eBay and Evri (a painful experience) before there was any chance I'd actually get my money back.

Not great.

Edited by lemmywinks