Why become a member? ×

Fender TB600 £395.00 - *SOLD*
£400
South Essex nr M25

Here's my Fender TB600 amp purchased from this very forum back in 2021. It's hardly been used since it came to me, I played through it recently to make sure everything worked as it should with no faults, all checked out ok

Pictured here on top of the Epifani UL115 which is also for sale on BC

I paid £400.00 for it, yours now for £395.00

Quoted from the original listing, I couldn't say it any better;

This was another jewel in the crown of Fender’s return to making decent bass amps. This one is based on the Fender Tube Bass preamp the TBP-1 paired to  the same great power section found in the MB-1200 power amp and the 800Pro.

This amp is ideal for the more roots/country/blues/rock tones. The pre amp is the classic Fender tube sound  - a passive tone stack of BMT with passive mid cut only and bass and treble boost only. From memory it’s set at 40HZ-400Hz-4kHz with and additional semi-para eq with boost or cut. If you play a P bass this is the amp to play through. Classic Fender bass tones through and through. 

The amp also features a blendable drive section with gain and volume controls and a blend between the classic and drive channels. It can be set to get all manner of classic drive tones from low gain, edgy pick sound to full on grind. The semi-para EQ really allows you to set your bass in the mix or push the sound ro be upfront and heard. I used this amp in my country band and it was perfect - big classic passive tones which supported the band and never missed a beat.  It has equally been at home on theatre gigs and can do a mean rock tone with some nice responsive break up when digging in. 

There’s a 4 button footswitch included which can engage the drive, the semi- para eq, the fx loop (which doubles as a boost) and has a tuner! There is also a room balance control which is a tilt style eq to fine tune the amp to the room - without a rework of the whole eq. 

Along with the 800Pro these were top of the line pro touring heads! 

Features
Hybrid head: (tube preamp, solid state power amp)
1 channel with switchable drive and semi-parametric eq 
Tubes: 2 X 12AX7
Front panel controls: Vintage Tube Tone - Input -9dB pad switch, Mute, Volume, Bass w/Deep switch (pull to activate), Mid, Treble w/Bright switch (pull to activate)
Tube Overdrive: (Enable/Disable Switch), Gain, and Volume
Blend Vari-Q: (Enable/Disable Switch), Frequency, Level/Q, Room Balance, and Master Volume
Rear panel controls: Balanced Line Output with Ground Lift, XLR Jack, Level, Pre/Post EQ Select Switch, FX Loop with Trim, +4dBu/-10dBv level switch, Send/Return jacks
Effects: Fender passive tone stack, Tube Overdrive section, Vari-Q section, Room Balance, FX Loop/Boost

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

Edited by essexbasscat
  • Like 3

My old head! I thought the weight was closer to 14kg

This is a fantastic unit and I still have the “clean version” as I call it the 800Pro head which is another monster. It’s the toroidal transformer which really does make it so responsive and the more you turn it up the more it keeps giving. 

It’s the old cliche but I’d have it back if I was still using a head and cab set up. I’m not doing as big gigs so I can get away with my combo.

Someone is in for a treat!

Thanks Krispn, I weighed the amp in it's case which may have made the difference, you're right it's probably nearer to 14kg without the case.

I spent ages going through lightweight class D heads looking for the depth and weight of sound I wanted, then came across this one, job done. Now I need to take a break from playing for a while, it makes no sense for me to keep this sitting around unused.

Someone is going to enjoy this one, it really does deliver 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After the discussion I had to check the weight of this amp....

The head itself weighs 33lb, which is noticeably lighter than many of the heads that do the rounds on this forum. It's actually on the lighter side for an amp that delivers the valve sound that P bass players (like me) search for. Thinking about it, that's probably lighter than my old dual channel Aguilar AG500 head and the Aguilar DB 12 cabs.  

I was after the valve sound without the weight and bought this as an alternative, certainly didn't disappoint. Having searched through several well known class D heads I found they just didn't have that 'heft' (here we go again...), but this amp delivers, it's also probably more reliable than an amp full of umpteen valves and hand wiring in the long run too  

So the case weighs just under 10lb, which in total makes the case and amp 43lb, not a great deal considering the sound it delivers. 

• essexbasscat changed the title to Fender TB600 £400.00 - £390.00 for this weekend only !

Back in the day the fender TBP? preamp was lauded for its tube sound, authenticity, feature set and quality tone. This is that preamp paired to Fender’s very overlooked power amp. In this era of fender bass amps they made a very deliberate decision to invest R&D to regain their footing in the bass amp world and all the products of that release were fantastic. I’ve owned three of that range!

Just for complete history… This is my old amp. I had owned and used a fender MB1200 power amp (I paired with a Aguilar tube preamp which I gigged  for a few years).

The TB600 (and the 800Pro head which I still own) use the same power section architecture as the MB1200. It is a monster power section design and that’s where the majority of the (not very heavy) 13kg or so weight is in these amps. I played many gigs with no foh support and the more I turned up the TB600 into my 212 cab it never failed to deliver and was alway big and hefty sounding. It was clean and warm, it could get nice and gritty 

Sorry for chiming in again but this head will last for ages and is the tone folks will always end up coming back to after trying out all the latest and greatest new gear which ultimately attempts to recreate the sound and feel of a head like this. 

"this head will last for ages and is the tone folks will always end up coming back to after trying out all the latest and greatest new gear which ultimately attempts to recreate the sound and feel of a head like this"

Couldn't have said it better myself Krispn, thanks for selling it to me in the first place ! at this rate I'll end up keeping it !

• Like 1

• essexbasscat changed the title to Fender TB600 £400.00 - £380.00 for today only !
  • essexbasscat changed the title to Fender TB600 £395.00
  • essexbasscat changed the title to Fender TB600 £395.00 *sold*