Why become a member? ×

Stool

JPJ

So back when I had my KK Baby Bass, I bought myself the expensive K&M stool which I never really got along with. When the KK went, so did the stool, but I have an acoustic gig coming up soon where I’ll be playing my NS NXT so I needed a tall stool as the stand on the NS doesn’t go low enough for a regular height chair. So off I went looking for a solution to my needs that wasn’t going to break the bank and I found this https://www.artistguitars.co.uk/products/artist-kb009-professional-guitarist-stool-w-footr-12954 and decided to take a punt. Order was placed on Monday evening and it was delivered today. First impressions are very positive, seems really well made and sturdy. Max seat height is 730mm, and in truth I would have preferred 800mm being slightly on the tall side, but this works great. Price was £49 including 48hr shipping. If you are in the market for a stool for use at home or on the road, I’d recommend you try this one. 

IMG_8479.jpeg

I recently swapped from this very stool design to the k&m.

Much prefer the k&m.  It has a height adjustable foot rest, memory foam padding and an ergonomic seat that tilts fore /aft.  Most importantly it doesn't squeak like the old one.... which is now confined to the garage for when I've some soldering to do at my workbench.

Glad you like it, but IMO the price was the only really good thing.

12 hours ago, NickA said:

I recently swapped from this very stool design to the k&m.

Much prefer the k&m.  It has a height adjustable foot rest, memory foam padding and an ergonomic seat that tilts fore /aft.  Most importantly it doesn't squeak like the old one.... which is now confined to the garage for when I've some soldering to do at my workbench.

Glad you like it, but IMO the price was the only really good thing.

The only thing I don’t like about this is the vinyl covering on the seat. The foot rest on mine is height adjustable, and no squeaks yet. Funnily enough, I didn’t like the tilting of the K&M stool as I could never get it to stay in a position I was comfortable with. 

Fair do's.  Mine came from bass bags ..and was badged as a Keyboard stool.  Included a not very useful back rest.  Maybe not quite the same.

The vinyl didn't last long and the padding went soft.

Upgrade on the IKEA bar stool I used before tho.