Why become a member? ×

Hi from Cape Town!

Kelly99

Hello 

My name is Kelly. I'm from South Africa (Cape Town) and I have been playing bass (self-taught) for about 5 years now.

I started off with a bit of drums when I was a pre-teen but outgrew my tiny kit. Went over to guitar (that I have been playing almost every day for the last 13 years now) and started playing bass about 5 years ago. 

I have only one bass guitar that I call "Moon". I found her in a liquidation shop for next to nothing. Beaten up and in desperate need of an amp, strings, tuners and some restoration (her lower horns were completely battered and broken off - my dad helped me rebuild and respray them) I bought Moon and we started our journey. 

She is a Venson long-scale bass guitar. I have never seen another one in person and they seem to be really hard to find on the internet as well.

She has 4 strings, 1 really amazing-sounding humbucker, 1x volume knob (push-pull that splits the humbucker into single coil mode which sounds absolutely wonderful), rosewood fretboard, side dot inlays and a golden bat inlay on the 12th fret only. 

This bass plays like a dream and I will honestly never replace her with any other. VideoCapture_20240709-143203.thumb.jpg.005b8740c69729a05fa7a51c63083b0b.jpgFB_IMG_17054344279796278.thumb.jpg.21558ea472c78aa1b49406c291698ef3.jpg

• Like 2