Why become a member? ×

My Favourite Straps 2 for 1 until July 12th

Owen

Thanks for the heads-up Owen.

I was in the market for a couple of straps and when I saw your post I was gutted as it was the early hours of today, and therefore too late.

However, after seeing that they are US based, and thus some hours behind us, I realised that I could take advantage of the promo.

Two x 4 inch wide dark brown straps ordered.

They get great reviews so I'm excited to try them.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, these are great straps (I own two myself). But the pressure tactics of Italia Straps is quite shameful, they claim to have a 2-for-1 sale ending imminently but after the 'final day' of said sale, it gets refreshed again, and again, and again. I've never NOT seen a 'live' sale on for 2-for-1 with a countdown. Not a fan of that kind of practice. Great straps, but poor form on pressure tactics. 

Edited by binky_bass

And we bought them the same day after you whatsapped (it's called a neologism 🫣) me the link @binky_bass just to understand a few days later their pressure tactics.

That said, I still have them too and they are really good and very large straps.

I love their straps, I must have about 8 of them! I was first referred to them by someone I bought a used bass from, who had two beautiful double-stitched Italia straps. Oddly I've never seen that feature offered on their site! But yes, their tactics are "special". Most of their deals are for returning customers only, once they have your email address you'll get almost weekly emails with discounts varying between "buy one, get one free", "free shipping on all orders", "order two, get a free all-black leather-backed 2.5 inch wide strap" or a combination of those. I guess I'm living proof their tactics work - on some gullible people :$

But they're great. Very high quality leather, well-made, and beautifully even dyes. I've had one black glove leather-backed strap that would leave black stains on my white shirt when I would sweat excessively during warm gigs, but I've never had that problem with any of their other straps so I think it's an exception. 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 1