Why become a member? ×

Fender Roger Waters P Bass LAST WEEKEND - *WITHDRAWN*
£750
Kent / London

Going to a shop on 13th of August if there is no interest. 650 with Fender hard case or 600 without.  Collected or meetup around Medway or SE London. Can post if you arrange courier.

I've let my GAS get the better of me and with three new additions to the stable on their way in I need to make some room (and some cash) so this and a couple of others are going to have to find new homes. 

MIM but very much at the higher end of the quality scale. Alder body, weighs a lovely comfy 3.6kg and balances well.

Previous owner upgraded the bridge, which was the one weak link in the original hardware, to a much nicer Babicz but other than that it is all stock.

I don't think this has ever been gigged - the previous owner had it in the studio and I've had it at home so overall it's in really nice condition. Not a ding or scratch on the neck or headstock at all. Paintwork is good, no buckle rash but one small ding on the underside of the body close to the pots (see pic). The scratchplate which is a kind of matte rubber effect is a bit tired. I was going to replace it with a more standard hard plastic one but never got round to it.

Playing wise, the neck is fantastic: chunky but great to get around (this is the bass that killed me for Jazz or slim necks in general). Frets fine, truss rod fine. The action can be set super low if you want. Seymour Duncan quarter pounders so it has a strong output. To me it sounds much more at home with rounds than flats, possibly something to do with the brass nut?

These came originally with a branded gig bag but it lives in a Fender´deluxe' (ooh!) hard case now.

I've seen these going for anything from a grand to 600 quid. In this condition with the upgraded bridge and the hard case I think this is a steal but I need it gone and would rather it goes to someone here than selling it to an online store.

IMG20240522115033 LoRes.jpg

IMG20240522115219 LoRes.jpg

IMG20240522115252 LoRes.jpg

IMG20240522115320 LoRes.jpg

27997705-D92C-4FDD-9BD6-370724554922_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by Grooverjr
Withdrawn
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, petecarlton said:

Black with maple neck - the best combination!

GLWTS.

Fully agree. I started playing way back when because I was a Stranglers obsessed 15 year old. I wanted that JJ look but my dad got me a Squier Jazz - black and rosewood. When I got back into playing a few years ago I had a nostalgia trip. Couldn't afford a Shuker but this was a very good alternative.

• Like 1

• Grooverjr changed the title to Fender Roger Waters P Bass *WITHDRAWN*