Why become a member? ×

Hard case for 2+2 headstock or short-scale basses?

Hi - can anyone please recommend suitable hard cases / gigbags for short-scale & 2+2 headstock long-scale basses?  I use Hiscox & Warwick cases / bags for my P / J instruments, but they're far too "floppy" for the shorter-neck examples; don't wanna pad out the insides with sports socks!  Cheers.

bam pad retrofit set for case – Thomann UK

Might not be ideal for a gigbag, but should be good for hardshell cases.

The end of the headstock should never be the thing that keeps a bass from moving around in its case. It's the body that should be held snugly in place. You need to avoid unnecessary stress on the headstock at all cost, especially with the infamous Gibson (and similar) necks with their ridiculously large truss rod access holes. 

Pads like these can be great, but the description doesn't mention if they're adhesive with sticky tape or with Velcro. If you need to be able to change it around for different instruments, the latter would be ideal but sticky tape... not so much. I would assume they're similar to the removable pads in their (expensive!) guitar cases.

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 2