Why become a member? ×

HELP , but don’t panic ….yet

lurksalot

It’s new computer (PC) time , I’ve bought one and I’ve started , slowly, transferring files and folders, no probs.

I’m off work for a week after a hernia op , so I don’t have to panic

i can’t pick up the guitars for a bit, so this months composition will wait a week while I set up the computer 

the fun is with programs , ‘apps’ and plug ins.

i will pay for a new reaper , sorted.

Wave's, raptor and ilok might cause issues as I can’t open the license programs , currently telling me that power shell is not working. 
this part of the process fills me with dread.

i can’t get the computers to talk to each other over the network so it’s transfer via a storage device .

any expert advice will really lower my anxiety on this stuff 😁 TIA

Posted (edited)

Waves are working , but I had to pay for some sort of upgrade FFS

izotope ozone 8, I use that but can’t move the license to the new computer from the ilok account.

i can’t find where the download was from and £129 is more than I want to pay for another FFS 

time for a break 

Edited by lurksalot

You should be able to transfer your ilok- dependent licences off the computer back to the ilok itself, if I'm understanding you correctly. Is the ilok manager not letting you move them?

52 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Waves are working , but I had to pay for some sort of upgrade FFS

izotope ozone 8, I use that but can’t move the license to the new computer from the ilok account.

i can’t find where the download was from and £129 is more than I want to pay for another FFS 

time for a break 

I've just re-installed Ozone 8 on my PC; it wasn't all that difficult (but not with iLok; I've never gone down that rabbit hole...). If it helps, here's the installation file I used :friends: ...

iZotope_Ozone_Elements_v8_01.exe

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doctor J said:

You should be able to transfer your ilok- dependent licences off the computer back to the ilok itself, if I'm understanding you correctly. Is the ilok manager not letting you move them?

I have no ‘ilok’ just the manager program that holds the authority , I can’t move the license between computers 

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I've just re-installed Ozone 8 on my PC; it wasn't all that difficult (but not with iLok; I've never gone down that rabbit hole...). If it helps, here's the installation file I used :friends: ...

iZotope_Ozone_Elements_v8_01.exe 92.96 MB · 0 downloads

woo bloody hoo , the download worked , but luckily I managed to trawl through my emails to find the authorization code from 7 years ago , so ilok can do one 😁

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

woo bloody hoo , the download worked , but luckily I managed to trawl through my emails to find the authorization code from 7 years ago , so ilok can do one 😁

IMO that's probably the best thing you can do with it.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Ez drummer next …..

it’s downloaded but I can’t find it in Reaper 🤦‍♂️

with on support for that one ! 

ok that’s done , I can start using the stuff now , probably need to faff with the MIDI inputs next 😳

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

ok that’s done , I can start using the stuff now , probably need to faff with the MIDI inputs next 😳

If you can't get any microphone input, may I suggest that it's a sign, and should be left like that..? ¬¬

:lol: :P

• Haha 2