Why become a member? ×

New Spector Euro line - The Euro CST Series

cetera

I'm curious. Loving my Euros more than many of the US models I've had and sold (still my reigning king is my NS-5XL) 

So definitely interested. 

EDIT: haven't caught the other thread, sorry......

As we speak, this came out, too

(upon first glance I'm not to keen about the pu placement on the 4 st bolt -on)

"Introducing the next generation of Euro LX. Inspired by the iconic NS-2, Euro LX basses feature a fully carved and contoured body, high-grade tonewoods, and professional-grade electronics and hardware. For the first time ever, players can now choose between neck-thru and bolt-on construction in the Euro LX range. Available in four striking finishes, Transparent Black, Natural Sunburst, Haunted Moss, and Nightshade.

- European Flame Maple Top; European Alder Body
- 3-pc Maple Neck; Neck-Thru or Bolt-on construction
- 24 fret Rosewood fingerboard; Mother of Pearl Crown inlays
- Active EMG Pickups
- New! Spector Legacy Preamp

Click here to learn more:

Euro LX https://www.spectorbass.com/series/euro-lx-series/
Euro LX Bolt-On https://www.spectorbass.com/series/euro-lx-bolt-on-series/

neweuro.thumb.jpg.07ef5e4caa2504d0df339d0c7e5b84c6.jpg

Edited by Paulhauser
  • Like 1

As I commented on the other threads on these basses - really solid release from Spector.

Like the colours and especially like the the P J on the 5 string. Interesting choice regarded the difference between bolt on and thru beck for the LX series. Guess it adds more variety to the range 

1 minute ago, woolf said:

I love the look of that red CST with the ebony board 😍

Agree, this finish looks awesome. I just hope the neck will be chunky like most Euro necks, so I won't be tempted to buy the red CST 😉 

I've always fancied a Spector but never got on with the necks. Wonder if these will be any different.

Haunted Moss - was that what the marketing department were on when they came up with the name for the colour?

28 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Agree, this finish looks awesome. I just hope the neck will be chunky like most Euro necks, so I won't be tempted to buy the red CST 😉 

I had the exact same thought 😂 

I’ve had a few Euros and whilst they all sounded great, my keeper is a ‘99/‘00 CRFM that has a slimmer profile.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2024 at 16:57, ahpook said:

1.64" nut width.

Sniff :(

Never understood this obsession with nut width.  This is pretty much P-bass width and barely a 1/15th of an inch more than a Jazz Bass. 

Reckon Jeremy Beadle wouldn't even have an issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Never understood this obsession with nut width.  This is pretty much P-bass width and barely a 1/15th of an inch more than a Jazz Bass. 

No obsession for me - just a preference.

But it must be great not to notice the difference - much wider choice available.

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well, I'm not a big guy as you know, nor have I massive shovel hands. If a bass is less than 42.5mm at the nut, my left hand gets all tangled up with the way I play. A few years ago I got a Schecter Raiden. Apparently, 42.5mm nut. Lies! I knew right away it was thinner as it wasn't comfortable to play. Dug the digital calipers out. 40mm. Which is a pity as it sounds fantastic. Good thing they stand by their specifications as opposed to just making stuff up. Idiots.

Most manufacturers are going this way and it really annoys me as it totally limits what I can play and actually enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

Well, I'm not a big guy as you know, nor have I massive shovel hands. If a bass is less than 42.5mm at the nut, my left hand gets all tangled up with the way I play. A few years ago I got a Schecter Raiden. Apparently, 42.5mm nut. Lies! I knew right away it was thinner as it wasn't comfortable to play. Dug the digital calipers out. 40mm. Which is a pity as it sounds fantastic. Good thing they stand by their specifications as opposed to just making stuff up. Idiots.

Most manufacturers are going this way and it really annoys me as it totally limits what I can play and actually enjoy.

I have hands like shovels; in truth I struggle with ukeleles, but beyond that I'm fine.

What I don't get is people will go, 'Tsk! 1.64" nut, no good for me!', but in truth, unless you're playing a bass with a non-tapering neck (viz. Rickenbacker 1 & 11/16"), what happens when you get up the dusty end where it's half inch plus wider?

18 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I have hands like shovels; in truth I struggle with ukeleles, but beyond that I'm fine.

What I don't get is people will go, 'Tsk! 1.64" nut, no good for me!', but in truth, unless you're playing a bass with a non-tapering neck (viz. Rickenbacker 1 & 11/16"), what happens when you get up the dusty end where it's half inch plus wider?

That's why I prefer necks that don't taper much. Like a Rick or Alembic. There's even fewer of them on the market too.

20 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

It wouldn't fit in his coffin so you are probably correct.

Hmm, liked the look of these, but some of the CST models Bass Direct have just received have the WORST burst paint job I think I've ever seen...

image.png.e441e1d61b1b3a3cdfc45aa2309a5a31.pngimage.png.9b165428846457fc6d611d00793a8edb.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Yes, that looks awful. 

Korg sent some lovely looking CST's to their influencers to wet our appetite. Well, they should have sent them to their retailers too. For example, Sweetwater has a red CST in stock and it does not look anywhere near as good as the influencer ones. $3199? Wow. Good luck with that!

I can see that BD also got a red CST (5 string). Again, the burst is a bit disappointing. A bit "Burst Light" or "Diet Burst" 😉 

Interestingly, BD has already put them all on sale. Pretty much on the first day of selling them. Turbo-sale!SpectorEuroCST_2.jpg.2f09ea3228a0492eb52eb75d930d9bf3.jpgSpectorEuroCST_1.jpg.544874e23914ed957ba9916dd97dc2e5.jpgSpectorEuroCST_3.jpg.c768e0a532920b805b66512328580308.jpgSpectorEuroCST_4.jpg.505baad04521807c6ee690d162a3639a.jpg

• Like 1

But finally a 5 string with an 'actual' reverse PJ available at Euro LX5 prices available over here...yes!!

How do the rest of the electronics stack up against the Euro LX series e.g. EMG X vs EMG etc?