Why become a member? ×

What Guitar would a Bassist grab?

An answer to another post, but, for myself, as a bassist, and a Stickist, the guitar I want to grab when I grab a guitar is...A Stratocaster.

I don't have to add any qualifications as to why.

At this point.

So, what is it, girls & boys, when you reach for a six string - the guitar - the one.

Answer the question

5 minutes ago, Bleat said:

If I picked up a guitar I would have to take a bath in bleach straight after as I would just feel so... dirty.

Don't conflate guitars with guitarists :o

Gibson SG for me. In red, of course. My budget didn't stretch to a genuine Gibson though, and anyway I had it chopped around to mandolin tuning.

I can play 6-string, but not very well. I had to for my end of year assessment, so I recorded each chord I needed, then edited them together with Logic. 🤫

sg - 1.jpeg

For most of the last decade I played a marauder, stupidly sold it to a mate when I was struck down with covid thinking I’d never recover and he wouldn't sell it back to me when I could afford it. Heartbroken and can’t afford another now. 

IMG_1698.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Sad 1

Good question.  The work bonus is due to be paid with this month’s salary.  I have 4 basses (I’ve discovered the perfect number is 3.5), and enough pedals to be going with, so some of the bonus will go on a guitar.  I’ll let you know what the answer is when I’ve bought it.

My six string - but it still would be bass - could be a Linc Luthier.

I do like the looks of some older semi acoustic jazzes, like L-5, Byrdland, D'Angelicos and similar.

James Tyler Variax, either the JTV59 (Les Paulish, twin humbuckers if not using emulation) or JTV69 (Stratish, twin single coil plus humbucker). They generally get used for acoustic emulation.

• Like 1