Why become a member? ×

MB Bass Keeper ?

Anyone used the Markbass Bass Keepers to support their basses at gigs. ?

Was thinking of putting a bass each side of my cabs rather than on floor stands to save space on stage. ?

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Anyone used the Markbass Bass Keepers to support their basses at gigs. ?

Was thinking of putting a bass each side of my cabs rather than on floor stands to save space on stage. ?

Dave

Are you going to put something soft on the floor too, to avoid chipping the bottom of your basses?

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

Are you going to put something soft on the floor too, to avoid chipping the bottom of your basses?

I use a Gramma pad so the basses would sit on the edges of it.

I just realised after posting this that my cab handles have small diameter handles that fold out so the bass might not be properly secure so i've gone for a twin bass Hercules stand but i did think the MB Keepers might still work and would be handy on stages with restricted space.

Might buy one just to try it.

Dave 

I have one, and use it regularly. It is permanently left on one of my cabs, and takes up no space whatsoever.

It works really well, and I've never chipped / damaged the edge of a bass, as I make sure the bass sits on its strap button. It has always felt pretty secure, and in fact, it's probably less likely to get knocked over by a "dancing guitarist".

As you say, probably best to get just one - to see if it works for you.

EDIT: the only drawback for me, is that I'm now doing a lot of gigs with my Acoustic Image Doubleshot cab - which is really small, and cylindrical - so I can't use the Bass Keeper with that cab.

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use them all the time - one each side of my cabs. They are meant to go around horizontal handles on cabs, but will just as easily Velcro onto to the side of any furry cab. 

I do a lot of dep work and never sure how much space onstage I’ll get so they’re handy to create a self contained little corner for me and my basses.

As mentioned above, basses don’t get chipped as they naturally sit on the strap pin so unless the stage is made from particularly craggy rock you’ll be ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've ordered a Hercules double guitar stand but think i'll give one of these a try as they would be great on tight stages. Just not sure how well it will fit onto my cab handles as they pull out and are a bit thinner than a recessed cab handle.

Dave

Hi @dmccombe7

If your cab is a smooth surface, as opposed to the furry kind - you could try to get some self-adhesive velcro strips. These shouldn't "damage" the surface of your cab, and would allow you to position them wherever is best, to attach the MB Keeper. Fortunately for me, my cab is covered in the furry / fuzzy material, so I can position the MB Keeper to suit. As I mentioned above, my Keeper just stays on the cab all the time (meaning I never forget it - cos Doh! I would otherwise. lol)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Hi @dmccombe7

If your cab is a smooth surface, as opposed to the furry kind - you could try to get some self-adhesive velcro strips. These shouldn't "damage" the surface of your cab, and would allow you to position them wherever is best, to attach the MB Keeper. Fortunately for me, my cab is covered in the furry / fuzzy material, so I can position the MB Keeper to suit. As I mentioned above, my Keeper just stays on the cab all the time (meaning I never forget it - cos Doh! I would otherwise. lol)

I paid a lot of money for my Mesa cabs and don't want to stick velcro on the sides. I think the Keeper will still work on my recessed hinged cab handles. The spring return on Mesa cab handles is pretty powerful and should be secure enough.

image.thumb.png.0d4cdfba82772c24a8d3cc67a09728fd.pngThinking of getting one just to try it.

Dave

I’ve got a couple of those and they are pretty good, they hold your bass and stop it sliding,which mine did once, I used mine with markbass cabs which they stick to really good but they would also wrap around the handle if your cab was raised 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

I've got one that I got as a gift, but I've never used it. Thanks for the reminder, I really should! :)

Or just give it to me cause you won't miss it after all this time :laugh1:

Worth a try

Dave

I use one every gig for my backup bass on the side of my MB combo and ext cab. It’s brilliant on a small stage,  my backup bass is Flea Jazz so if it does get the odd knock it isn’t going to show! 

• Like 1