Why become a member? ×

Tecamp Puma 1000 Replacement Head?

Hi,

I'm a long term member here but been inactive for a few years as basically I've been happy with my rig and basses and not had any GAS!

My go to head is a Tecamp Puma 1000 which I use with two Barefaced 1x12 cabs. The head played up a few years ago and would just cut out. I ended up sending it back to Tecamp but even they couldn't sort it out. I eventually got it repaired by a tec in the North East (I live North West) and it's been fine since.....until last week when it did the same thing. Everything remains lit etc, just the signal disappears (or in this case didn't even appear when the amp was switched on). So I think I've got to the time where I have to think about replacing it. There's nothing worse than your amp failing half way through a song, it's just so unprofessional. The only thing is I have no idea what to get to replace it? I don't use any pedals, my style is finger and I play a Precision and a Ric. Classic sounds depending on the songs....mainly covers, but I do write and record with an originals band, but that tends to be DI'd. What are you using.....I know sound/tone is a personal thing, I particularly liked the bass boost on the Tecamp as you could get solid bottom end without being mega loud. We usually play with just back line, it doesn't usually go through a p.a. (pub/club gigs etc). Grateful for any suggestions, thank you.

Nor does the EICH 

What about my EBS REIDMAR 752 which has the “ character” button that boosts low end ? 
Its for sale on here 😉

Or an Ashdown RM800 that has the “ Shape feature” bass boost plus mid cut 

Thanks for the suggestion. True the T900 doesn't have the bass boost, I'd have to upgrade to a 1000 for that. They're just under £1,200 new or thereabouts.🤪

I know nothing about EBS other than watching a couple of Eich head reviews which mention them. I'll have a look.

22 hours ago, V2factoryman said:

I particularly liked the bass boost on the Tecamp as you could get solid bottom end without being mega loud.

Turns out this is a 12 dB boost centred at 30Hz. Which to me is weird, because I'm using a hi-pass filter to get rid of anything at 30Hz and below!