Why become a member? ×

Jason Newsted selling off basses!

He basically has one of everything.

Double neck Ric, rare Alembics, original 60s Bass VI, Fender V, Ampeg Scroll, '56 precision, 10 string Alembic. Some crazy money even without the provenance.

Edited by lemmywinks

I hoped he'd be selling his 'And Justice For All' bass.... but it doesn't exist.....

I'll get me coat..... 🤦‍♂️😉🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

29 minutes ago, cetera said:

I hoped he'd be selling his 'And Justice For All' bass.... but it doesn't exist.....

I'll get me coat..... 🤦‍♂️😉🤣

Think it has a BA-TER-RY in the preamp now.

• Haha 6

If Jason Newstead doesn't want them then I don't either. 

Don't let me put you off though, this could be your only chance to get that ten string Alembic that you have always dreamt of. And as for the three string Stingray, just get a regular Stingray and take off the G string. See how long it amuses you.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Misdee said:

If Jason Newstead doesn't want them then I don't either. 

Don't let me put you off though, this could be your only chance to get that ten string Alembic that you have always dreamt of. And as for the three string Stingray, just get a regular Stingray and take off the G string. See how long it amuses you.

The G on a Stingray’s barely on the fretboard anyway…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Eh? Is this real? And if it is, why?

Very rare prototype for Tony Levin to use with his finger extension things. Think the original one was lost in a fire.

Edited by lemmywinks

5 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

He basically has one of everything.

Double neck Ric, rare Alembics, original 60s Bass VI, Fender V, Ampeg Scroll, '56 precision, 10 string Alembic. Some crazy money even without the provenance.

Except The Bass of Doom...

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Americans liquidating assets? I hope he's not ill.

He had a period of illness and then the obligatory post-injury painkiller addiction that Americans have but he looks well in the video. I think this is just the tip of his guitar collecting iceberg tbh, basically thinning the herd but everything is crazy rare and valuable!

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

He had a period of illness and then the obligatory post-injury painkiller addiction that Americans have but he looks well in the video. I think this is just the tip of his guitar collecting iceberg tbh, basically thinning the herd but everything is crazy rare and valuable!

Yeah, injured his shoulder really badly, when he instinctively tried to catch his falling old original Ampeg VST head at a gig, which left him invalid for a while, and ultimately caused him becoming addicted to painkillers, an addiction he later got out of, and unable to gig on a more serious level again, why he started painting instead as a creative outlet. 

Moral: If your just about 1 Ton heavy old tube head falls from the top of an 8x10 "fridge" cabinet don't try to catch it, least of all in one arm.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

It's a bit like us buying Harley Bentons on whim, only with Metallica money and a job that entails travelling the world with two guys who are also complusive guitar collectors that visit every music store they can.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor J said:

That recent Black album reissue will have topped up his account quite handsomely. He's not short of a few quid at all.

Have you seen US medical bills?! ;)

But yes - he's loaded - perhaps he wants to downsize a little as he reprioritises: he's obviously had fun collecting these. Maybe he's moving to a smaller house, or not playing as much.

Maybe it's funding a new expensive hobby!