Why become a member? ×

Christian McBride live @ Wigmore Hall

On my way home from seeing Christian McBride with jazz guitarist (and schoolmate!) Kurt Rosewinkel at London’s Wigmore Hall. I loved it - 90 mins with no break, long solos for each, and a range of jazz standards, salsa, and own work. Astonishing speed and clarity, a master of the fingerboard, and the timing was spot on despite no drummer. Just sad I had to leave on time as he was going to autograph/chat in the lobby afterwards - one of the questions I was going to ask was why he brought a bow and didn’t use it 😁

Any other BCers there tonight..?

Not. Jealous. At. All. 🤣

If I'd have known about it I would have tried to be there.

They Guy is amazing. Odd about the bow as he often solos with it, there's a video on YouTube where he tells the story of how that started.

On 18/07/2024 at 07:10, NickD said:

Not. Jealous. At. All. 🤣

If I'd have known about it I would have tried to be there.

They Guy is amazing. Odd about the bow as he often solos with it, there's a video on YouTube where he tells the story of how that started.

Very fair point- if I (or anyone) spots a famous player coming to the UK, then a good idea to post it on here! Apologies for not thinking of that 🤦‍♂️

And thanks for the bow video: found it here, very entertaining 😁

• Like 2