Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky MetroExpress PJ 5-String (+Sadowsky Portabag Gigbag worth £100) Reduced: £325 - *WITHDRAWN*
£375
County Durham DH2

Paddy777

Sadowsky MetroExpress (Gen 1) 5

String PJ Active Bass - Reduced to £325

For sale is my absolutely fantastic gen 1 Sadowsky MetroExpress 5 string bass with PJ pickup configuration. It is in excellent condition, it’s a used bass so there are a few marks and some minor bits of buckle rash but nothing really to speak of, generally the overall condition is still really good. 

Colour is black, but if you look closely it’s got a sparkle to it a bit like metallic paint, which is subtle but very nice and shows up really nicely on stage under the lights. Maple neck & Maple fingerboard with a Tort pickguard finishing it off giving it one of the classic Sadowsky looks. (See pics for paint)

These basses are amazing value for money, this one has had all of the snags that people mention taken care of (fretwork has been done and has been setup really nicely).

Very comfortable to play, you’re getting about 80% of the bass you get with a German Metroline, but for £375 (or you can pay another £2k on top for the extra 20% you get with the Metroline - these are hugely underrated basses)

Comes with the 2 band Sadowsky preamp so it sounds huge live, there is no VTC (tone control) but it’s really not essential at all.

Also has push/pull active bypass/passive mode, so if your battery fails mid gig you’re still ok to carry on, Bass & treble (boost only), volume & blend

Probably the most versatile bass I have and the perfect gigging bass for a working bass player - it sounds fantastic in every situation I’ve used it in. Only selling as I have 2 of these  PJ5’s - I bought a spare as I like them so much, but I’ve got my eye on something else (again!) so I’ve got to let something go 

I am also including a really high end, substantial Sadowsky ’Portabag’ gig bag which are still selling for £100+ online. It didn’t actually come with this bass, it came with my first MetroExpress PJ5 that I bought when they were still well over £500, but I dont use it as I have a Mono that I use

Postage available if you want it at your cost (will be £25ish) I’ve got the Gigbag to post it in and I’ve still got the box from a bass I bought last month so I can package it all up nice and safely if required

Trades? I would prefer the cash but I may be interested in a trade, and will put cash in for the right deal. Currently after a 4 string P Bass, possibly a Ray24/34 or possibly a USA SUB Stingray, I love a Jazz bass too (4 and 5) but just drop me an inbox if you have something to trade - if it’s not for me the worst I can say is no

PRICE - Reduced to £350

(Plus postage if needed)

DETAILS:

- Sadowsky MetroExpress 21 Fret Hybrid P/J Bass (5 String)

- 34” Scale 

- Okume Body

- Maple Neck & Fretboard 

- Bolt On Neck 

- 12” Fretboard Radius

- Sadowsky “Just-A-Nut” III Nut

- 47.5mm Nut Width

- 21 nickel silver frets

- Passive Sadowsky P pickup (neck) & J pickup (bridge)

- 2 Band Boost only preamp (Bass @ 40hz & Treble @ 4khz)

- Volume/Blend/Treble/Bass

- Sadowsky Lite Tuners with open gears

- Sadowsky Quick Release Bridge

- Solid black high polish finish with Tort pickguard 

PICS 👇image4.jpeg.a04fb5f6e4deda575cefc449922aa21d.jpegimage1.jpeg.45af0be549dd9e9a3d7a3d9caaa67d29.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg.dbd01b4d8d1e478a1d3b60bdd872c729.jpeg
IMG_4381.jpeg.953c3f63c33e5a0c7038f35340a797ab.jpeg

image7.jpeg.95cc987c15f44c049f8389789eddd0e2.jpegimage2.jpeg.9ca821ed2030a2ad7d35e4e880a4918a.jpegimage8.jpeg.140f8c775116774640dfb90d140ca99d.jpeg

image4.jpeg

EDIT:

Also - if buyer prefers it I can put a white pickguard on it (I quite like the tort one on my sunburst anyway) it looks really good - especially if you’re gonna do the decal

IMG_4443.thumb.jpeg.d857722cbc136ef0a29629bcf52e736d.jpeg

Edited by Paddy777
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Got all the pics uploaded into the

original post - today I learned about the

attachment upload limit of 100mb! 😝 

Edited by Paddy777

• Paddy777 changed the title to Sadowsky MetroExpress PJ 5-String (+Sadowsky Portabag Gigbag worth £100) £375

Lovely bass but then again I am biased when it comes to these. 

Re the Sadowsky Portabag, I should mention the small matter of this being a retail one that came directly from Warwick. The Metro Express this was for, was originally shipped without a case so after much complaining from me, Warwick sent this one which comes with a much nicer velour interior. A small detail maybe, but it's a more lush place for the bass to sit 🙂

Good luck with the sale Paddy 

• Like 1

• Paddy777 changed the title to Sadowsky MetroExpress PJ 5-String (+Sadowsky Portabag Gigbag worth £100) Reduced: £350
  • Paddy777 changed the title to Sadowsky MetroExpress PJ 5-String (+Sadowsky Portabag Gigbag worth £100) Reduced: £325

Also - if buyer prefers it I can put a white pickguard on it (I quite like the tort one on my sunburst anyway) it looks really good - especially if you’re gonna do the decalIMG_4443.thumb.jpeg.0ec3d4e5b363a43b62c707b16db7e45b.jpeg

• Paddy777 changed the title to *Withdrawn* Sadowsky MetroExpress PJ 5-String (+Sadowsky Portabag Gigbag worth £100) Reduced: £325