Why become a member? ×

Lock-it straps

I can't see how the mechanism works on this, but I wonder whether it is in any way similar to the  d'addario planet lock straps. I have one of those but never use it as the hard plastic against the strap button is really creaky and annoying. I use standard straps with rubbery strap blocks (or grolsch washers) on all of my guitars & basses.

It looks like there's a part that slides down to lock the strap onto the button - similar general concept to the D'Addario ones but a different approach. I've also got one of the Planet Waves ones, works well but I find it a bit fiddly compared to the Schallers that I have on almost everything.

Yeah, agreeing with Tau, looks like it's just a sliding piece that pinches the strap button and holds on that way. No idea what kind of strength the springs would have since I can't quickly find a video of one going on or off. Personally, I'd just do straplocks, the few minutes of effort to swap your strap pins really isn't much. 

Thanks for the input guys. As mentioned above, it simply slides over the button but it doesn’t actually rely on the spring to secure the guitar. That would be just too scary. 

It’s a dead simple idea and if it works, it will solve a problem.

I have several guitars and I was concerned with the expense of buying buttons for them all. Keeping the guitar original would mean the Lock-it strap could just live in my gig bag and be used on any guitar regardless. 

I’m ordering some gear on Thomann today (yeah, I know…) so think I’ll just add one to the order and see how it performs.

Cheers….

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2024 at 20:52, fabbabass said:

I’ve had one I picked up at Sam Ashe in the US, hung my L2500 for years, no issues. Where are you getting it from in the UK? I’d get another.

I got one from Andertons, I like it.

But I tried a D'Addario one that belongs to a mate and I think I like it more.

Easier and quicker to fit.

• Like 1