Why become a member? ×

Why can't I see my listed item in "Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale"?

thebrig

Question

I've had an item listed in "Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale" for a few months now, and more often than not, it's not showing when I scroll through the pages.

The only way I can find it is if I do a search in that particular forum.

I've tried other devices and browsers and still can't see it listed on those either.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

2 hours ago, thebrig said:

That's the one.👍

ok, that is handier - before that I had nothing to work on.

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Ah, now that give me a thought.

@Woodinblackprior to today, that post did not have any activity since April.  Does the Bump functionality only temporarily make the listing rise for 36 hours, after which it drops back to whatever position it should be based on last activity date?  As that would explain what's happening with this one.

Not that I have noticed, otherwise my bass wouldn't be on page 5. Looking at some effects pedals, I have some that haven't had any activity and they are on page 4, so no, that shouldn't be happening.

But I can look into it now I know what the item was. I looked into the function of the bump up feature (I didn't install it) and know what it does, it puts the date of the post to the time of the bump by changing the last text response. But maybe it is because people are sorting by something, I have never sorted by anything.

But I don't know, it is on page 1 now, so I can't tell what is wrong.

15 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I presume that you're viewing on a 'phone of some sort..? On my PC, there is no 'Next', but a list of pages, with a 'Jump to Page xxx' box. B|

nope, Windows10 pc Edge browser, here's a screenshot of what I now see, which is different to how it was say a week ago

screenshot.png

11 hours ago, Kev said:

Ah, now that give me a thought.

@Woodinblackprior to today, that post did not have any activity since April.  Does the Bump functionality only temporarily make the listing rise for 36 hours, after which it drops back to whatever position it should be based on last activity date?  As that would explain what's happening with this one.

Now that makes sense, but if that is the case, it makes no sense at all to have a bump system that only lasts 36 hours.

I'm bumping it every couple of days thinking that's all I need to do to keep it visible to everyone.🤔

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

But I don't know, it is on page 1 now, so I can't tell what is wrong.

The reason it's on page 1 now is because Aidan63 commented on my listing pushing it onto page 1.

I can't bump it until just over 24 hours, then I will update the situation.

Edited by thebrig

1 hour ago, thebrig said:

Now that makes sense, but if that is the case, it makes no sense at all to have a bump system that only lasts 36 hours.

no it isn't the case. Not only is that not how it works, that would be tricky to do!