Why become a member? ×

G&L Fallout Fullerton Deluxe Launch Edition USA £745 - *SOLD*
£795
Lancaster

ash

G&L Fallout Fullerton Deluxe Bass USA Launch Edition

This is the second of my G&L Fallout basses. It is in the very limited launch edition Racing yellow finish with competition stripes. I would like to sell one of my bases to fund new PA gear so no trades, sorry. 

This one is in what the band call the Kill Bill finish and is indeed a killer bass. It is in excellent condition and comes with a Fender gigbag. It’s a short scale instrument that has a slightly larger body so easier to get used to if you are a long scale player. It’s light weight at 3.9kgs and very easy to play with a nice action. The rosewood board is lovely and the neck has some great figuring. Note there is no G&L paperwork with this one. There is also a small cosmetic ‘bruise’ at the upper edge of the body near the competition stripe. Hardly noticeable and not an issue that affects playability. 

Pickup preferred but I can post in the UK only if necessary at buyer’s cost. 

One of the two I own is to go so I’ve dropped the price.

From G&L -

G&L Fallout Short Scale Bass (Launch Edition)

Racing Yellow with Competition Stripes

G&L Magnetic Field Humbucking Pickup

Alder Body

Hard Rock Maple Neck with Caribbean Rosewood Fingerboard

CLF/G&L 1 5/8" Slim C Neck Profile with 9 1/2" Radius 

30" Scale Length

Medium Jumbo Frets, Jescar 57110 18% Nickel Silver

Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" Tuning Keys with Aluminum Tapered String Posts

Leo Fender-Designed Bridge, G&L Saddle Lock with Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles

3-Position Mini Toggle for Parallel/Split/OMG Pickup Modes

Master Volume and Tone Knobs

The new Fallout Bass Launch Edition is available in three exciting colors decked out with racing stripes. This 30” short scale powerhouse features a G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickup controlled by a 3-position mini–toggle switch for parallel/split/OMG modes – just like an L-1000 – bringing anything from modern to old school tones to your fingertips. What’s more, players used to a traditional 34″ scale will find this pint size puncher super easy to play.

Edited by ash
Sold thanks
  • Like 10

This is my old bass, I used and enjoyed it for a good amount of gigs over a 2 year period. It sounds huge, with no dead spots and is sonically a great middle ground between Fender P, J and Stingray.

Why did I move it on, then? I'd used the bass in 2 bands that I stopped playing with around the same time. I was left with a bitter taste and wanted to rip it up and start again so to speak; I'm yet again using / doing battle with a Fender Precision. 

There's nothing quirky, student or deliberately whimsical about the Fallout design. It's louder and got a fuller spectrum than pretty well anything I've ever used. It'll do any style very well. 

GLWTS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ash changed the title to G&L Fallout Fullerton Deluxe Launch Edition USA £745

This really is a rare bass, according to the guitars by Leo website, G&L only dispatched 2 yellow launch editions to the UK, I’ve got one of them so this must be the other 🤔

• Like 1

On 08/08/2024 at 00:10, Calex said:

This really is a rare bass, according to the guitars by Leo website, G&L only dispatched 2 yellow launch editions to the UK, I’ve got one of them so this must be the other 🤔

That’s interesting to know, it’s a shame that this model seems to have been overlooked by a lot of players who want a shortscale bass. The bass-whisperer’s videos on YouTube of the Fallout show off how versatile it is. A genuine limited edition US bass for the price of an Indonesian made copy. As I said I will keep this or the blue one depending on which sells first….having played this one at rehearsal last night I may just keep them both…..

• ash changed the title to G&L Fallout Fullerton Deluxe sold