A very special customising job for Happy Jack

2 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Yup - it looks good. so no apology demanded @Richard R :lol:

UUI2L1pl.jpg

Looking fantastic, just needs an aluminium fretboard……….I’ll get my coat 😂

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, JPJ said:

Looking fantastic, just needs an aluminium fretboard……….I’ll get my coat 😂

Andreas Basking Shark Bass with an aluminium fret board.

CIMG4140-1.jpg

CIMG4141-0.jpg

I used to own the Black Shark Guitar, and other than looking great it didn't really make the instrument sound any different to my other HSS strat-type guitar made with more conventional materials.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 2

It's getting close.  I've added a narrow sided pickup ring just to hide the gaps around the pickup:

NL0bvWJl.jpg

Not much left to do - swop the electrics, fit the string tree and then just a few tidying up things and set up.  All being well, should be all done and dusted by the end of the weekend  :)

• Like 4

On 08/08/2024 at 15:20, Andyjr1515 said:

If I thought I could do it without c*cking it up, I would say yes...so probably no :D

@Silvia Bluejay and I would both be delighted if your swifts were to feature on that headstock, but if you think it wouldn't work then obvs leave well alone. 💋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Jack said:

@Silvia Bluejay and I would both be delighted if your swifts were to feature on that headstock, but if you think it wouldn't work then obvs leave well alone. 💋

I have a couple of thoughts...I'll have another ponder ("Oh no - he's pondering again!!!!")

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK - this is a new one...

Starting the set up, the bottom E had a dreadful buzz on both 1st and 2nd frets.  3rd onwards, all good.  It didn't take long to realise why:

Mkw7TEr.jpg

I reckon the bottom E in the sealed pack is a 32"short/medium scale!  Anyone else come across this??

This is the pack - and this and the inner bag (which I still have) were both sealed, so clearly the error is at D'Addario's end:

aMfsEfSl.jpg

Weird!!

Anyway, happily @Happy Jack sent me a choice of two sets of strings so I will use the other set and give him these back with the packaging for him to get a refund.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

WT actual F?

Nope, that's never happened to me before.

Nor me.  That said, someone posted a while ago with something similar and the general view was that he'd bought the wrong length.  Maybe, but maybe the same issue.  I'll see if I can find it

Have you/Happy Jack tried using the players points code - if it doesn't work then they are probably fakes - if genuine then I am sure D'Aaddario will replace the E string or maybe the whole set which would probably be easier for them

Inside the pack there's a code which is worth points, and points can be used to buy products, and Bass strings get a lot of points, I got a set of Tapewounds for free using my points - Players Circle they call it, basically a reward for loyalty, which if you like their strings works well.

I bought a lightly used set of strings in the pack, from someone on here and joy of joy they hadn't redeemed the points which was a nice Brucie

14 minutes ago, Aidan63 said:

Have you/Happy Jack tried using the players points code - if it doesn't work then they are probably fakes - if genuine then I am sure D'Aaddario will replace the E string or maybe the whole set which would probably be easier for them

Yup - and genuine

• Like 1