Why become a member? ×

NCD - Unicorn 1126 bass cabinet...

bassmayhem

Tomorrow I get my new cabinet delivered from Unicorn Bass, who makes the best basses around i.m.o. My British Racing Green Purist is a Unicorn creation.

This is a small, yet very potent cab with a 12" woofer and a 6" mid/high speaker. 600 W RMS at 8 ohms and a tone somewhat like a good studio monitor minus the high treble. No tweeter in this one. High end components throughout. Small footprint, can be used horisontal or vertical. I will use this one with my Genzler Kinetix. Rather ravishing too; note the back panel in purpleheart...

nedladdning (3).jpeg

nedladdning (5).jpeg

nedladdning.jpeg

Edited by bassmayhem
  • Like 6

In terms of bass cab aesthetics, these have to be near the top of the pile for me.  Outstanding looking cabs and the specs visible on the site look good (though useful to have more specs and a little less hyperbole).  Very expensive but construction and components (from what we can see) appear impressive.  For anyone with an interest, the link is here: https://www.unicornbass.se/amplification/

I'm very happy with my current cabs (Berg and Agi) but I'd be seriously interested in testing the Unicorn range - or even one from among the range, though I doubt we'll see too many make it over to the UK 

Edited by three
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 25/07/2024 at 12:27, eude said:

These look incredible, but man they are spendy!

Yep, but they are not your average cabinet. High end woofers from "an Italian high quality manufacturer" and some high end German crossover circuit stuff. Not to mention the very precise tooling and crafting by Maïtre himself... ;) 

And - they are built on order, not mass produced.

Edited by bassmayhem
  • Like 1