Why become a member? ×

Hey all

beanydc

Hi all. Long time beginner hoping to make a proper crack at it. 

From Pembrokeshire, Wales UK. Been playing on and off for about 7/8 years but really I'm as good as someone who only just seen a bass for the first time today. Start to get into it then something happens and don't pick it up for months etc etc.  Hoping to play more regular. Used to be a drummer for all my sins but due to just the inconvenience of space and pure volume they use while playing, especially having moved to smaller property and new baby at the time, I decided to make the jump to bass. 

Anyways, have these basses ATM. A vintage fake ray that I've completely gothed out, and this HB jazz I've had for a few years. Lovely to play but oh so heavy. 

I love metal/rock music so tend to try play songs I know using 'songsterr' which is really my only means of learning. 

Any advice or pointers on things to learn to help me along the way would be greatly received and appreciated. I'm trying to learn with fingers and picking. Not sure if that's ideal or not? 

Anyways. Thanks again 🤙🏻🤘🏻

IMG_20240627_205631.jpg

IMG_20240101_181618.jpg

Welcome aboard!

:crigon_04:

I've just replied on another introduction with a couple of sites I usually recommend to help get people starting.  Rather than retype I'll just post a link.

It's what Tim Berners-Lee would do 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard!

:crigon_04:

I've just replied on another introduction with a couple of sites I usually recommend to help get people starting.  Rather than retype I'll just post a link.

It's what Tim Berners-Lee would do 🙂

That's great thanks. I was actually working my way through some of his videos before, got a new work laptop and lost all the links and forgot the name of the guy/site so that's a huge bonus thank you very much!!

Hello study bassers 😂

Edited by beanydc

8 hours ago, Ol Grey Bear said:

Welcome, welcome, Meany. NE coast of Scotland here. I love Wales though. Broke the duck on mountain climbing up pig track and down miners on Snowden so I'll always have a soft spot for Wales.

Yeah Snowdon is beautiful ain't it. Some mental views. Scotland looks the same. Haven't visited yet but it's on the list for sure

• Like 1

Good morning brother and sisters.  I've been playing for last five or maybe or 6 years. I'm from Siberia, the city is called Krasnoyarsk. I got a four strings FGN boundary Mighty jazz bass guitar. 

I'm a silo bassist, so I decide that playing in the band for now is not for me because it takes a lot of time and I want to spend my time and money to my music. So thank you very much.Have a good day bless you! 

Spiders of doubt. The bass song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4stringsloneliness said:

Good morning brother and sisters.  I've been playing for last five or maybe or 6 years. I'm from Siberia, the city is called Krasnoyarsk. I got a four strings FGN boundary Mighty jazz bass guitar. 

I'm a silo bassist, so I decide that playing in the band for now is not for me because it takes a lot of time and I want to spend my time and money to my music. So thank you very much.Have a good day bless you! 

Spiders of doubt. The bass song. 

Good morning, my Siberian friend! Wishing you a wonderful day with plenty of opportunities to play that delightful bass guitar!

Bear/Dani