Why become a member? ×

Morning all

Watty

I am the most unmusical person you could ever wish to meet, but am giving the bass another go after a 30 year lay-off and must say that internet lessons from the likes of BassBuzz & Talking Bass are really suiting me. I never got on with a one-to-one tutor so let’s see how it goes.
I was pointed this way by another member who has a bass for sale that I’ll now hopefully buy.

cheers.

Welcome aboar😁d!

I usually recommend StudyBass.com as an excellent starting place. It's free, and it covers the essentials and basics very well - like how to hold a bass, how to play and practice and avoid injuries, and has a really good setup guide.  Some people find it a bit dry, but it's always accurate. 

The other site to check out is scottsbasslessons.com.  Scott is a bit marmite, especially the free videos, but the academy stuff is really good. Cost is around $90 per year, or three face-to-face lessons.

Face to face, if you find a tutor you get on with, are by far the best in my experience.  If nothing else, I found the very fact that I was paying for the time made me practice in between time to get the benefit