Why become a member? ×

Ibanez GSR180 black, as new now £130.00 now reduced to £120.00 for an as new bass
£140
South Essex nr M25

Dear all

Here's my Ibanez GSR 180, used for only one gig. It's unmarked and as new, it could be hung in the shop window as new and no-one would know the difference, so it's a new bass at a cheaper price than anywhere else. In addition, it's been chosen as the best one from a selection of the same model, so win /win

How come I'm selling a new bass ? oh dear...  I usually make my own way to / from gigs and have my own well established routine which works faultlessly. However.....

I had a break from playing for a while, then in March last year I did a few gigs for a band that has their own van. I met the guys in the van to go to the gig and set off, looking forward to playing again. Halfway to the venue I realised I'd left my own bass in the back of my car ! (DOH !)

I dropped into Music World in Ipswich on the way to buy a bass to do the gig. There were several basses of this model there, after playing them all I chose this one as being the most resonant with the friendliest neck. It was the best bass in the shop in the price range,  all in all it's a nice instrument. We set the bass up in the shop, I paid £199.00 and  used it for that one gig, bought it home and put it in the corner.   

Now it's time to let it go, so grab a new bass at what may well be the cheapest price anywhere. Thomann are selling them for £170.00 + carriage (most others suppliers are more than this), so this one represents something like a £40 - £50 saving, essentially 25% off the price of a new bass. 

Thanks all

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

Edited by essexbasscat
  • Like 3

• essexbasscat changed the title to Ibanez GSR180 black, as new now £135.00

Just held this again to check what Burns -bass said, he's right, slim neck that fits comfortably in the hand, sits well on the body, a really nice bass to hold and wear. It sounded great at my gig too.

I selected this particular bass instead of anything else in the shop for good reasons (including another bass of the same model, which wasn't as comfortable in the hands), like everything else I'm selling I'm talking myself into keeping this, I can see me withdrawing this from sale at some point 

• essexbasscat changed the title to Ibanez GSR180 black, as new now £130.00 now reduced to £120.00 for an as new bass