Why become a member? ×

Taylor GS Mini bass - ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£450
Brough, East Yorkshire

casapete

Time for me to part with this little beauty -  kitchen renovation turning out to be more extensive than I first thought.

I love this bass, it's just one of those instruments that makes you smile as soon as you pick it up.

I've used it with my acoustic duo, both into a bass combo and straight into the PA and it's ace - kind of woody /

upright-ish sounding that sits well with other instruments. It plays really well. Great for home as well as stage use. 

Brief Spec.

Top Material: Solid Spruce
Back and Sides Material: Layered Sapele
Nut & Saddle: Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
Scale Length: 23-1/2"
Number of Frets: 20
Rosette Size: Three Ring
Strings: DAddario Custom Light (.037, .050, .062, .090")
Tuners: Chrome (100/200)
Bridge Pins: Black Polycarbonate
Finish: Varnish
Neck Width: 1-11/16"
Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
Neck/Heel: Sapele
Fretboard Wood: Ebony
Electronics: ES-B
Case: GS Mini-e Bass Gigbag

It would seem to have been made on 4th November 2017 according to Taylor, so is one of the earlier models.

It is in excellent condition, with just a few blemishes in the satin finish which you have to look for in the right light-

certainly a good 9/10. The solid spruce top has some great figuring (see pics). 

I've just restrung it with a set of new D'Addarios, and the used set are included as spares too.

It comes in the original Taylor rigid / well padded gig bag that protects it very well, and is also in excellent condition.

I think I've priced this to sell - a quick search has seen them going s/h for anywhere between £550 and £700,

so £450 is a good price. The equivalent model new on Thomann is currently £859.

Cash on collection would be good! 

However, I will deliver / meet up within a reasonable distance of Brough (HU15 postcode area) for my diesel costs.

I can also offer postage / courier at your expense, subject to finding a box. It shouldn't be too expensive as it is

very light and compact. The gig bag will offer a lot of protection for this too.

If you need to know any more or need more pics then please PM me.

( I have good feedback selling stuff on here too).

Thanks for looking. Cheers.

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3883.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

Edited by casapete
  • Like 6

That's lovely,  plus anything by Taylor will sound great. It's very tempting, especially as a travel bass and I am away quite a bit. 

But I'm not sure it would help with what actually  I need to practice - which is reliably moving down to the 2nd and 3rd frets on the 35" five stringers I already own. ☹️

So have a bump, as the best I can offer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • casapete changed the title to Taylor GS Mini bass - SOLD!