Why become a member? ×

D'Addario Helicore Orchestra – Light – 3/4 – Light Use – £85 Delivered - *SOLD*
£85
Bristol

i'm selling a set of D'Addario Helicore Orchestra (Light). These are primarily an orchestral string and are favoured by those who like to wield the bow (I believe). these came fitted to my Czech Ease bass and I believe they're very recent (a few months old, at that). 

I've played one gig with them and I found them to be fairly high tension (which makes sense if you're going to be using a bow, I guess).  

Enough length after the nut for winding at the peg box and they don't appear (to me at least) to have been cut down. The Czech Ease is a full 3/4 scale so there's no need, I guess.

I've subsequently swapped these for Spirocores which are my preferred strings and so they're for sale. I'm having a stab at the value. Price includes postage. Hit me up with offers if you want to. I won't use these.

Will upload pictures ASAP.

Edited by Burns-bass

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Helicores; if I've understood the D'Addario blurb correctly, the difference from Orchestral to Hybrid to Pizzicato is simply the damping in the string.. more in Orch, least in Pizz. I mostly like the Pizz for the sustain and growl, but the Orchestral (I still have the G on my 'other' bass) are also really nice for my mix of folk/blues/jazz. All three types are fine under the bow.

GLWTS!

• Burns-bass changed the title to D'Addario Helicore Orchestra Use - Sold