Why become a member? ×

Finally think I'm getting to grips with the EQ on the Darkglass ADAM

I LOVE the distortion on my ADAM. It's a top-notch preamp I use daily going into a desk and the cab sim is oustanding. I like the compression, though I don't use it much BUT I've never really liked the EQ ... but last night at a rehearsal it made a lot more sense, dialling down the lower frequencies to calm a bit of boom in the room through the supplied GK 2x10" combo. It's not a "nice" eq for making lovely sounds, it's a live tool for sorting out problems. 

It doesn't do the nice smiley-face scoop/preshape slap tone that a TE is perfect for, but that's okay. Maybe one day I'll get a GEQ pedal.

I think.

20 hours ago, oakforest5961 said:

Josh Fossgreen discusses/makes use of the EQ on the Darkglass Microtubes v2, which looks to be the same 6-band EQ as on the ADAM, in this video. Might help?

Yeah, I saw this but I've found the eq on the Darkglass to be very odd and nothing like the standard graphic eq you'd get on an amp. I'm not sure if the gain/reduction is too subtle but you don't get dramatic changes in tone - I guess the point of the EQ on the ADAM is to change the tone of the distortion, not to change the output tone. If I want to totally roll off the high end like using the tone control on a passive bass I use the treble on the Metaphors - does the job beautifully.

IMG_0536.jpg