Why become a member? ×

Fender American Vintage II ‘54 Precision. Lightweight. Pricing Options from £1150.
£1295
Gloucestershire

Up for sale is my immaculate (as new) American Vintage II Precision. 

Vintage Blonde over a lightweight Ash body with a one piece Maple neck. The tinted nitrocellulose finish on the headstock, fingerboard and neck and is showing some nice ‘checking’ so it should age really nicely.

It has hardly been played and still has the plastic film on the pickguard. There are no dinks, scratches or marks anywhere, it really is as new.

The original Fender flatwounds are still bright and the action has been lowered from the factory settings. It plays (and sounds) great.

It has the unmounted chrome covers, certificate of authenticity and other leaflets plus the keys for the equally immaculate G&G Deluxe Case.

Collection in person is most welcomed but postage can be arranged at the buyer’s cost and risk. I do have a Fender shipping box if required.

Pricing options are available as follows;

Bass and candy only - £1150

Bass, candy and used padded Fender Tweed gig bag - £1165

Bass, candy and deluxe Tweed G&G case (as pictured) - £1295

IMG_6675.jpeg

IMG_6673.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6678.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

Edited by MungoBass
Pricing options and proof of ownership added
  • Like 20

Beautiful in its functional simplicity.  Unplayable for me given neck dimensions, but something I'd love to own and enjoy just for its classic looks (not that I have the cash for such fripperies).  I suspect that someone will cherish this

• Thanks 1

On 25/07/2024 at 11:28, three said:

Beautiful in its functional simplicity.  Unplayable for me given neck dimensions, but something I'd love to own and enjoy just for its classic looks (not that I have the cash for such fripperies).  I suspect that someone will cherish this

Thank you, it is a beautifully simple bass! Have been a Jazz Bass and skinny neck fan for 40 or so years, I never thought I could transition to a Precision neck of any kind! However, I now love the wide C necks at 45mm and this one although it has more depth is narrower at just over 43mm, which makes it very playable for me. 

I’m hoping it will find a good home!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• MungoBass changed the title to Fender American Vintage II ‘54 Precision only 3.85kgs

I’m a little surprised both this and David’s other P bass are still up for sale. Got to be honest, if I had the cash I’d buy this one in a heart beat, it ticks a lot of boxes for me. Rest assured David doesn’t buy or sell anything that’s not top notch and he’s a great guy too.

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2024 at 18:54, DJ '65 said:

I’m a little surprised both this and David’s other P bass are still up for sale. Got to be honest, if I had the cash I’d buy this one in a heart beat, it ticks a lot of boxes for me. Rest assured David doesn’t buy or sell anything that’s not top notch and he’s a great guy too.

Thank you Don, that’s most kind of you. Hope you are well and still enjoying that lovely ‘58 AVRI Precision…..

• MungoBass changed the title to Fender American Vintage II ‘54 Precision. Lightweight. Pricing Options from £1150.