Why become a member? ×

1979 Yamaha Pulser - Made In Japan - *SOLD*
£450
Margate

1979 Yamaha Pulser in fantastic condition up for grabs. This is an absolute beauty and features a desirable Sen Ash body, as per the early JV Squier basses. It also has a great maple neck with some nice figuring. It's every inch a 70's P Bass in appearance, sound and feel.

It has been upgraded with a Kent Armstrong Precision pickup as the original was a little weak sounding, it now sounds great! 

It comes with a well used rock case which suits the bass perfectly. 

£450 collected from Margate. I can potentially meet somewhere convenient or box it up if you'd like to arrange a courier. 

20240724_180654.jpg

20240724_180640.jpg

20240724_180726.jpg

20240724_180809.jpg

20240724_180822.jpg

20240708_111108.jpg

20240708_111119.jpg

20240708_111126.jpg

20240708_111145.jpg

20240708_111150.jpg

20240708_111201.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 14

• jay-syncro changed the title to 1979 Yamaha Pulser - Made In Japan
59 minutes ago, tobiewharton said:

I wouldn't mind betting that this is as good as it looks. If so, it's silly money for a Fender slayer. Imagine a classic package,  with Yamaha quality...

Glwts

Agreed, that Fender logo is worth a fortune! 

33 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

I'm sure @Bassassin will know better, but that has more than a whiff of being Fujigen made and good quality 👍

It'd be interesting to find out if it's Fujigen 👍

I had the same model in a natural finish, and the comparison with Fenders of the era (late 70's) doesn't stand up I'm afraid. The Yamaha was infinitely better. Very good materials, very well engineered (built like a tank but not especially heavy), well finished, and evenly balanced across and up and down the strings. Lovely instrument. And as is always the case when I've found a really good bass at a decent price, I sold it in order to buy something far more expensive and of much lower quality 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I had the same model in a natural finish, and the comparison with Fenders of the era (late 70's) doesn't stand up I'm afraid. The Yamaha was infinitely better. Very good materials, very well engineered (built like a tank but not especially heavy), well finished, and evenly balanced across and up and down the strings. Lovely instrument. And as is always the case when I've found a really good bass at a decent price, I sold it in order to buy something far more expensive and of much lower quality 🤔

You are not alone there Beedster. Ironically, I think it was around the time that I joined BC that my addiction became chronic and incurable.

Will we ever learn?

Back on track - I suspect this beauty would make a fine remedy.

30 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

And the person playing that is so far out of my league that they are, actually, playing a different sport 

Like “how far to go?” 
“f***ing light years, followed by a lengthy wait in Customs” 

• jay-syncro changed the title to 1979 Yamaha Pulser - Made In Japan SOLD