Why become a member? ×

Serek The Grand ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£1950
London

Clarky

Bought recently from Andy Baxter and am only selling this lightweight characterful little bass so I can afford the Wilcock Mullarkey that's for sale on the forum - if that goes then this lovely bass will be withdrawn. If collected, it's a public space in SW13 London (Barnes, south of perma-closed Hammersmith Bridge). Otherwise delivery at cost but I will need to source a box first, which will take a few days.

Here is blurb from Andy Baxter ad:

2022 Serek "The Grand" in Spumoni Foam Green with cherry pink stripes and a wenge fingerboard. This came from batch #4 which was released in 2022. Serial number: GRD-040. It's in near-mint condition with just a couple of very tiny marks and is supplied with its original Serek gig bag. 

"The Grand" is a short-scale (30.5″) bass with a bolt-on roasted maple neck. It has   Hipshot USA hardware and a TV Jones Thunder’Blade pickup. It has 1 volume and a 3-way switch. With the switch in the centre position the tone is full / towards the bridge its off and up towards the neck engages the fuzz circuit.

Fully set up in our workshop with low action. Strung with La Bella low-tension flats. 

From the Serek site

“What can I say about the Grand? I could tell you that it’s probably the coolest short-scale bass we’ve built yet… I could mention the magic of the passive on-board Serek “Skuzz Serkit” and TV Jones Thunder’Blade pickup. Maybe you’d want to hear tales of roasted maple necks and racing stripes and Hipshot hardware? Or maybe you could just experience it for yourself…”

Model: The Grand
Nut Width: 1 5/8″
Nut Type: Bone
Scale Length: 30.5″
Frets: 21 Med/Narrow Nickel
Fingerboard Radius: 12″
Fingerboard: Wenge
Body Wood: Alder
Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
Weight: 7 lbs.
Tuners: Hipshot Licensed Ultralite
Bridge: Hipshot USA Vintage Style Bridge
Pickups: TV Jones Thunder’Blade Humbucker
Controls: Vol, 3-way (Skuzz Serkit, Open, Tone Rolled Off)
Finish: Satin Spumoni Foam Green w/ Cherry Pink Stripes
Pickguard: Decoboom custom engraved Polka Dot pickguard, Black/Cherry Pink
Case: Custom Heavy-Duty Gig Bag

And link with tons of better pics than I could ever manage:

https://www.andybaxterbass.com/products/serek-the-grand-foam-green-from-batch-4-2022

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 4

• Clarky changed the title to Serek The Grand SOLD