Why become a member? ×

The Bass Show UK - Cranmore Park, Birmingham - March 1st and 2nd

Goliath_FX

The Bass show has been confirmed for March 1st and 2nd in a dedicated hall along side the Guitar show in Birmingham.

I spoke to Jason the organiser last year and asked him if he had thought about hosting the show, he told me he wasn't sure on if there was a want for one. I carried out some market research for him with polls on Insta and some Facebook groups and the feeling was that we 110% wanted the return of a bass show, but not just stalls. 

So I reached out to Jason with this information and also Scott from SBL. It looks like (hopefully) the SBL team will be putting on some clinics and stuff as well (But don't quote me on that as I just passed Scott onto Jason)

In summary, there will be booths showcasing some great bass gear and clinics. 

Who would you like to see do clinics? I'm thinking of asking Cici about doing something, InThePocket Podcast for a live Q&A, anything else? 

Also, for those that have been disappointed with guitar shows not show casing more bass gear, ya better be at this one ;) 

https://www.theguitarshow.co.uk/ - tickets are £16

• Like 8

I think having it more centrally located in the country makes it a more accessible and affordable trip to make for more bass players. Good Move. I've been to the guitar show there this year and last year. There is a large carpark and no extortionate car parks like London. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jazzyvee said:

I think having it more centrally located in the country makes it a more accessible and affordable trip to make for more bass players. Good Move. I've been to the guitar show there this year and last year. There is a large carpark and no extortionate car parks like London. 🙂

Free parking is a big win for sure! Hope to see you there! 

Excellent news ! It's actually in Solihull not Birmingham, but I am trying to be slightly less pedantic in my 40s. I am very pleased it is here though, as this is my home town (even though I now live 30 mins away).

The car park fills very quickly with degenerate guitarists, so if you don't get there early you will have to find parking elsewhere down the road (and there's lots of yellow lines about). 

I expect BassDirect to be a significant stand holder there based on discussions with them in the past, but this is unconfirmed for now.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2024 at 20:34, ped said:

Excellent! It’s in the diary. Keen to support/help where/when possible. Just let me know @Goliath_FX 👍🏼👍🏼

Cheers, I've asked Jason to drop me as many updates that he wants me to share as possible. Which in turn I'll drop here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

We definitely need a meet-up. A formal BC presence would be really cool and I'd be up for helping out if needed.

More than welcome to hang out at my stand. I'm right next to some loading doors so should be space. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Excellent news! The guitar shows at Cranmore have had a decent amount of bass stuff, so if we can have what was the acoustic hall just for basses that would be good.  

For this year I created various BC lanyards, though as I had to drop out at the last minute I don't know if anyone wore them.

Basschat Lanyards.docx

• Like 1

On 30/07/2024 at 18:32, Machines said:

Excellent news ! It's actually in Solihull not Birmingham, but I am trying to be slightly less pedantic in my 40s. I am very pleased it is here though, as this is my home town (even though I now live 30 mins away).

Shirley not!

• Like 1