Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender Reggie Hamilton Standard Jazz Bass (4 string, Black) - *SOLD*
£575
Burntisland / Edinburgh

Hi folks, 

Up for grabs is my Fender Reggie Hamilton Standard (i.e. mexican) Jazz Bass. Its a really cool bass but 1) I'm very much a passive bass fan and 2) my wife's car just died and I'd prefer to sell a bass than put a dent in my holiday fund so here we are. 

Bass is in good used condition and these seem to be very popular on this forum so hopefully you all know what it is! My asking price is £575. ***SOLD***

I am initially offering this as collection only from Burntisland, Fife, or I can meet near Haymarket in Edinburgh during the working week.

Trade wise: I'd prefer a straight sale but I'm also a realist about my GAS levels---things that will really tempt me are a Bass VI, Danelectro of some flavour, or something P flavoured---four strings, passive models only, maximum nut width 41mm. 

Pinching a description from elsewhere:

When you back up as many different kinds of musicians as Reggie Hamilton, you need a bass that can adjust. Reggie's Jazz model is set up to cover the spread. It combines a Noiseless Jazz pickup in the bridge position, and an American Series Precision pickup at the neck. The pickups can be switched to passive or active mode via a mini-toggle. Active mode has a 3-band EQ with boost/cut on each band. In passive mode you get master volume and a pan control between the pickups. Another custom feature is a Hipshot Bass Xtender drop D key on the E string to give you the low D without going to a 5-string.

Alder body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
20 frets
1 American Series Precision Bass pickup (neck)
1 Custom Noiseless Jazz Bass pickup (bridge)
Mini-toggle active/passive switch
Active mode: master volume, pickup pan, 3-band EQ with bass, mid, and treble boost/cut
Passive mode: master volume, pickup pan
Black/white/black 3-ply pickguard on black version
American Vintage Jazz bridge
Open gear tuning machines
Hipshot Bass Xtender drop D key on the E string

34" scale

Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5 in. Radius

Width at Nut: 1.50 in. (38mm)

I am not sure of the exact weight, its a bit heavier than my other Jazz basses, definitely more than 4kg. 

If I don't get any local interest I will be able to post it, so please shout. 

Complete gallery of pictures is here: https://imgur.com/a/fender-reggie-hamilton-yhIokMn

Selected highlights below. Please shout if there's a particular picture you want. Photographing a gloss black bass isn't easy - apologies for all the reflections! 

NB There is a slight ding to the very tip of the headstock front and back --- please see the pictures. This happened during transit to me when I bought it (I think the top of the headstock got "squashed") and is purely cosmetic. It came to me in a (now damaged) hard case which I will throw in with the sale. 

lbAkrtf.jpg

pNIcOOH.jpg

tWwL68R.jpg

iQgc7mf.jpg

xzZOSYK.jpg

RReP4UI.jpg

Edited by uncle psychosis
Sold pending collection
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Bump - I have some work travel coming up and could potentially bring the guitar... 

Will be in Preston (Lancs) early evening on 27th August. 

Will then be in central Nottingham weekend of Sept 14th. 

Edited by uncle psychosis

• 2 weeks later...
  • uncle psychosis changed the title to SOLD: Fender Reggie Hamilton Standard Jazz Bass (4 string, Black)