Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1985 MIJ 57RI - **TRADED**
£925
Bolton

Pow_22

After much umming and ahhing and withdrawing previously I've finally accepted that my hands and my band prefer my jazz bass.  With funds needed its time to let go of probably my favourite bass I've had.  The neck date pencil mark states this was made on 16th December 1985 in Japan.  The bass is (for me) in the BEST P bass colour scheme - 2 tone sunburst, maple board and gold anodised pickguard.  These originally came with a white plate which I have and will include in the sale but that classic late 50's gold guard look is just killer. Depending on your vintage this is very Duck Dunn or Alex James

I swapped out the pups for the excellent Toneriders but again the originals will be included in the sale.  Couple of tiny age related marks but absolutely nothing major.  The bass has spent most of its life since I've had it wearing flats so frets are fine.  It has the tugbar in period correct position and wears a chrome bridge cover.  It has holes for a pup cover but I've never had one fitted as it gets in the way for me.  Serial number on heel of the neck is E611214 for anyone wishing to check the online coders for authenticity etc.

I don't have a gig bag or case available as I use a duo case when gigging.  Collection only from Bolton or can do usual BC meetup within reasonable distance.  No trades at the moment thanks.

Pics to follow asap

IMG_6572.jpeg

IMG_6573.jpeg

IMG_6574.jpeg

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_6579.jpeg

IMG_4578.jpeg

IMG_4784.jpeg

IMG_6580.jpeg

IMG_6581.jpeg

Edited by Pow_22

• Pow_22 changed the title to Fender Precision 1985 MIJ 57RI - £900 ONO

Sale fell through (no ones fault) so this is back up but only for a short time as i have been offered £825 trade in against a lovely MIJ jazz ive had my eyes on for some time.  If this isnt gone by Friday then it gets traded

• Pow_22 changed the title to Fender Precision 1985 MIJ 57RI - **TRADED**