Why become a member? ×

ACG Skelf 5 *ON HOLD* - *SOLD*
£1000
North Kent / SE London

This is a hard one to let go, mainly because it is the best bass I have ever owned but also because it means I am admitting I am just not a 5 player.

I practically stole this from @Descendent of this parish last year for a grand so that's what I want to get back from it. Worth every penny and more but ACGs are criminally undervalued.

Fair to say the shape isn't for everyone but it's very pretty in the flesh, well balanced on strap or lap, a very reasonable 3.9kg ...... oh and it sounds fantastic with a huge tonal range from the filter preamp and the coil switches. 

Amazing resonance that sends every note through the body, the gorgeous ACG neck with flat board so you can get it set up very low (as I have it) and some lovely figuring on the woods, especially the Black Limba body. I could sit and stare at it all day just as a piece of craftsmanship and aesthetic beauty but it deserves to be played by someone with better technique than me and I need to get some money in and create the space for a new custom build from Alan.

34 inch scale. Filter preamp so controls are: stacked volume and pickup selection sweep; individual frequency filters by pickup; stacked treble gain and frequency.

In very very good condition, with only one small nick on the body that looks much worse in the picture than in reality. 

Prefer not to courier as I don't really have the time to sort it all out during the holidays but can always discuss with a potential buyer if needs be. Collection from Medway or SE London or can meet up within reason.

I'll put this up for 2 weeks then it goes to Bass Bros for a commission sale as I can't hang around I'm afraid.

Skelf.jpg

IMG20240730060634.jpg

IMG20240730060716.jpg

IMG20240730061918.jpg

Edited by Grooverjr
Changed status
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, simisker said:

I'm VERY surprised to see this still here!

Here's the bass on the ACG site, which really shows off the lovely figuring on the top:

https://acguitars.co.uk/project/0097-skelf-r-type-5/

It's sensational, but ACG seems to be a limited, hardcore fan base kind of thing, which is a shame because they are also very playable and sound great. 

• Grooverjr changed the title to ACG Skelf 5 *SOLD*