Why become a member? ×

NAD - Mesa TT800

After waiting over 3 yrs for this amp i can safely say it was worth the wait.

It arrived around 12:30 today from Andertons.

Its superbly built and the tone from both channels is just amazing.

Obviously i'm still getting used to it but having read the manual a few times since originally ordering Apr 2021 and again April 2024 i feel i already know it.

Ch 1 is the Boogie Channel and has a more rounded valve type tone but using the manuals suggested classic rock settings i think i have just found "my tone" its exactly what i would set an amp to.

Ch 2 is the Subway channel and has a more modern feel to it with faster attack. Setting it almost flat with a slight boost of bass and i love it. 

On both these settings i have the HPF at 9 o'clock position. Can't really say i can hear a difference at house volumes but that seems to be where most people set it based on TB forum.

The thing that really jumps out at me from the word go is how clear every note sounds across the strings no matter where you set the EQ, no "dead spots" like i've experienced with most other amps when you adjust the EQ. Its so well balanced and every note just seems to sing.

As i got more used to it in the first hour i tweaked the SW channel treble to get a slightly Ric sound (still experimenting here so don't slate me at this stage) as i like to go from a more "P based tone" to a "Ric based tone" and in between depending on what song i'm playing and saves changing basses every other song.

I have to admit at 64 yrs old i never dreamed i'd be this excited about a new bass amp but its like getting your first real bass rig all over again.

I'm so excited its like Xmas as a kid.

Here's some pics. Excuse the mess as i had to squeeze the lightweight rig next to the Mesa home practice rig in the Bass Cave.

Dave

image.thumb.png.9bdc8fcbd5970765392723d5e94bfff7.png

image.thumb.png.40793b9b72f7d46d0b35a24661b14d89.png

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Great news. I'm really pleased that you're so happy with it. All the more so, given your patience. 

Thanks Steve and as always your opinion was spot on about the amp. Its superb in every way. Anxious to gig it now and next gig is with the Glam band so that will be a good test as i'll use both channels with different tones and with only vocal PA it should be reasonably loud backline. 

Once again many many thanks for all your help and advice over the years i've owned Mesa gear. 👍

Dave:hi:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

Looks and sounds like a fabulous amp.

I’ve gone down the clear/clarity and punch road with my amp choices now 

Can i ask what you've gone for @BassAdder60. Always nice to hear what others are using.

Dave

6 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Can i ask what you've gone for @BassAdder60. Always nice to hear what others are using.

Dave

I’m using the EICH T900 900w amp 

It’s very nice and easy to get a great sound out of it and the “ taste control” allows on the fly modern to vintage flavour if preferred! 

• Like 2