Why become a member? ×

Squier Japanese Standard Precision Bass - *SOLD*
£350
Wirral

Hi everyone,

Up for sale is my Squier Standard Japanese Precision. 

This is a fantastic bass - 1990, has seen lots of action. I stripped out the original electronics and put all new parts in a few years back and it also sports a Nordstrand NP4V pickup. I’ll include the original pickup in there as well. 

This has been a workhorse and for full transparency has had a not unreasonable but far from perfect refinish in nitro over poly. The colour itself is lovely but errs on the side of matt. I also put nickel knobs on it and installed the old Fender thumb rest. It’s got flatwounds on it at the moment, unchanged for 11+ years. I’ve lightly sanded the neck on it. 

I really love this bass but I’m thinning the herd and with a CS P-Bass I now own it’s not getting the love it deserves. 

I’m Wirral based and would prefer collection. 

Any questions please shout. To hear it played, here’s a link - https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ6ArT2LibO/?igsh=azViNDl0azVqeG84

IMG_0622.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

Edited by risingson
Update to correct model
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

I was selling one of these but it was so good I decided to keep it. Lightweight, vintage feel and a slim neck at this price? Amazing!

Thank you! Yes I should have added, the bass weighs nothing at all. Very easy neck profile. 

• risingson changed the title to Squier Japanese Standard Precision Bass *SOLD*