Why become a member? ×

NPD JPTR Effects - Death Saw

stewblack

1 hour ago, DaleASmith said:

How’s it sound on bass?

Absolutely breathtaking. It's deceptive...the outside has no control beyond the on off switch.

However under the bonnet is a parametric EQ for the clean bass which allows you to set it either to boost the lower frequency of your choice or simply natch it with your clean sound. You can also alter the fuzz from just breaking up to something you could shave with. And there are four dip switches to alter the nature of the fuzz in yet more ways but I've yet to really play with these.

In short, set it precisely how you want it, seal it up and don't ever worry about accidentally changing the settings.

I'd say it's the perfect bass fuzz.

• Like 2

I've read up on it a bit, and allegedly it is based on a Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal, but heavily modded.

I however didn't find any mention of EQ or dip switches under the hood, or clean blend.

So you can actually blend in clean sound, or is there always a fixed amount of cleans bended in, that you then can adjust the EQ of, under the hood, or?

I assume there would be some kind of overall master level control under the hood too?

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

20 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I've read up on it a bit, and allegedly it is based on a Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal, but heavily modded.

I however didn't find any mention of EQ oe dip switches under the hood, or clean blend.

So you can actually blend in clean sound, or is there always a fixed amount of cleans bended in, that you then can adjust the EQ of, under the hood, or?

I assume there would be some kind of overall master level control under the hood too?

They don't tell you anything at JPTR - they like to let us discover stuff. You can blend in clean bottom end. And alter which frequency that is. Whether it's always there or not I can't say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1