Why become a member? ×

PENDING: Ibanez SR500 6lbs! - yep. The project one I made :( - *SOLD*
£200
Cheltenham

Bit gutting this, but my car is not long for this world and to raise funds to get something newer I have to be brutal. I’m going to be listing a fair bit of stuff I never thought I’d sell this summer, (maybe even my blue GMR!)

But I’m starting  here with The SR500 I saved. (There’s a thread somewhere).  Bought as parts and covered in black gunk, this was a brilliant project and my main gigging bass for the past 18 months. 
you can see/hear it here: 

It only weighs six pounds! 
Bartolini ntb preamp, no issues, no drama, low action, truss rod works, sounds great, has older elixirs at present. 
Rustic, scruffy burnt finish that I upkeep with lemon oil. Some screws or nails embedded between the pickups where a ramp was - covered them with a ramp but that’s on another bass now. They look cool and don’t stick out. 
Just a very cool bass.  
£200 firm, collected only from Cheltenham. No postage. Sorry. Backplate is made from balsa wood, preamp is less than a year old new from bass direct.  :)

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 14

22 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I do love a bass with a story! I think you might regret getting rid of this though...

You’re almost certainly correct! It’s been a fab companion. 

Great video; band & bass (and bass player) sound really good! 

Really nice backstory to this bass.. As @Cosmo Valdemar said, you might regret letting this one go.

Especially as it's at such a bargain price.. 

Anyway, whatever happens - GLWTS and with sorting out your car. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Great video; band & bass (and bass player) sound really good! 

Really nice backstory to this bass.. As @Cosmo Valdemar said, you might regret letting this one go.

Especially as it's at such a bargain price.. 

Anyway, whatever happens - GLWTS and with sorting out your car. 

Why thank you. Very kind words 

• gafbass02 changed the title to PENDING: Ibanez SR500 6lbs! - yep. The project one I made :(
  • gafbass02 changed the title to SOLD: Ibanez SR500 6lbs! - yep. The project one I made :(