Why become a member? ×

Bass cab, 1x10, with tweeter. South London ON HOLD

IMG_20240630_190159741.thumb.jpg.e24f6cd9b1ca125daffc92ac63176abd.jpg

I've decided I'd rather this went to a good home, or at least a curious tinkerer. Whoever can pick it up soonest.

It measures 34 cm wide (including side feet), 45 cm deep, and is 58 cm high (again, including feet). The cabinet is 18 mm birch ply. The speaker is a 10" Eminence Delta (can't remember the exact model) with a power handling of 200W RMS and a frequency response of something like 55–4,000 hz.

The main speaker is paired with a 4" B&C midrange driver that's connected through a crossover, and extends the frequency response up to about 10,000 hz. It originally had a compression tweeter, but I quickily decided this to be scratchy and tinny sounding. I've found these two speakers give a decent half-way point between vintage rumble and hi-fi treble.

It has connections for 1/4 jacks and Speakon on the backplate, but as the 1/4 jack output on my amp doesn't work, I can only vouch for the speakon. There's also a switch that bypasses the crossover and tweeter. It's covered in luxurious red leatherlette.

I've been using it mostly at home for the last decade, but it does go out on gigs every now and then. When driven by my Little Mark 250 head, it has kept up just fine with the drummers I've played with, and it sounds good to my ears.  

At this point I'm guessing you're shouting "enough about your taste in tweeters, what's the weight?", and that's fair. I have been avoiding the subject. Due to some combination of unusually dense 18 mm ply, an oversize box and an old non-neodymium speaker, this thing is like a tiny rock-n-roll black hole. It weighs just under 20 kg.

So yeah, if you're looking for a speaker to sit in a rehearsal space, basement, or shed with a reasonably strong floor, this cab could be just the thing for you.

Collection only, obviously, I don't want to even consider how much shipping would cost. I'm based in London SE4 and around most days.

IMG_20240630_190209088.thumb.jpg.b19885fcf868b07d03fddf5068162af8.jpg

Edited by Mediocre Polymath
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hacksawbob said:

Hi too far for me sadly, I was wondering if you could tell me what you made the metal grill from?

I'm afraid I have no idea. It was some old sheet stock my wife found tucked away in a corner or her workshop. You can get materials like it relatively easily, but only in 2440 x 1220 sheets

• Like 1

• Mediocre Polymath changed the title to Bass cab, 1x10, with tweeter. South London ON HOLD