72 members have voted

1. 1. Number of rigs

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Cetera

31 minutes ago, peteb said:

I've also got a PJB Double Four that lives on my desk that I use as a practice amp, but I haven't counted that as a proper rig! 

Me too. I haven't counted that either.

I used to have 2 heads and a number of different cabs before I went down the IEM route.

I had 2 Darkglass Microtube 900 V1 heads, one of which would live in the guitarist's van with my Epifani UL410 so when we on gigs together, I already had a rig in his van with his gear and the PA. The other Darkglass lived at home with the choice of a Bergantino AE410, AE210, and AE112 depending on the situation. I found that combination of gear was super flexible for all my needs, as most of the gigs I did travelling with the guitarist were theatres, where the 410 was more than enough, and anything I did aside from projects with him gave me a 410 for bigger gigs, 210 for medium gigs, and 112 for rehearsals/minimal backline gigs. I eventually sold the second rig (DG Head and Epi 410) as I was doing more IEM stuff, and then the Berg 410 and 112 went the same way as the 210 was more than capable of anything that didn't require big PA/IEM.

Once most of the function bands I played/depped with went to IEM too, I sold the second DG head and Berg 210 because I came to the realisation that there was no point having such an expensive rig when only 2% of my gigs needed an amp, and I could just buy a Fender Rumble 500 210 Combo to just chuck in the car on the odd occasion I need an amp. Been very impressed with this combo. Light, loud and sounds good. What's not to like? I do mostly theatre pit work nowadays and only need the amp for the odd function that's not on IEMs, so it's perfect for that. 

Having said all this, I'd love a DB750 again 😝

• Like 1

Technically one rig, but it consists of 2x 4ohm Barefaced 210 cabs and a Carvin head that can run both at 2ohms.

I also have a backup Ashdown Little Giant head which is two channel output so can run each cab at 4 ohms.  

Most of the time I use one cab and the Carvin, so guess I could say the Ashdown and other cab make a second rig.....or is that cheating?

Edited by Huge Hands

Three, mainly for convenience:

• Big Rig is Tecamp Puma 900 and Barefaced Super Twin
  • Leave at rehearsal space rig is TE Elf and Eden EX112
  • Lightweight not so loud rig is Warwick Gnome into newly acquired Schroeder PL12
  • Like 2

Right now, four:

- main: Ampeg SVT III with Ampeg Svt410He

- second main: Eden WT 800 with Eden D410T

- small: SWR PB-200 with SWR Goliath Jr. 

- living room one: Markbass CASA with Markbass Classic CASA 104

and racks with two Ampegs SVP-PRO, a Fender TBP-1, SWR GP, Sansamp RBI… 

that’s too much 😛 

Edited by mazdah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mazdah said:

Right now, four:

- main: Ampeg SVT III with Ampeg Svt410He

- second main: Eden WT 800 with Eden D410T

- small: SWR PB-200 with SWR Goliath Jr. 

- living room one: Markbass CASA with Markbass Classic CASA 104

and racks with two Ampegs SVP-PRO, a Fender TBP-1, SWR GP, Sansamp RBI… 

that’s too much 😛 

I always fancied trying a MB Casa rig. I'm a bit of a Michael League fanboy, and we both play predominantly P basses.

Rob

3 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

I always fancied trying a MB Casa rig. I'm a bit of a Michael League fanboy, and we both play predominantly P basses.

Rob

I'm also a big fan of Michael, but knowing the amp developing history (the REAL one) I'm kinda disappointed and I'm considering this amp as typical "cash jump" for both Markbass and Michael.

It is lightweight, very loud, good looking, nice (but not overwhelmingly good) sounding hoax. 

• Like 1

Technically I have 4.

Main rig - Mesa TT800 + (2) Mesa Subway 15 cabs

Small gig/rehearsal rig - Mesa Walkabout 15 combo

Taking to a mate's house rig - GK MB150E

In the music room (well, broom cupboard more like) rig - Ampeg Micro-CL (more for the visual joke than anything).

• Like 2

I have 6 heads, 

Marshall 7400 x 2

Marshall 7200

Kelly 50w Valve amp

Tc BH250 x2

And 4 cabs

Marshall 4410 x2

Marshall 4015

nameless 212 with thames ditton Goodmans speakers

The larger marshalls get used for the tribute stuff (whic require the use of a wah pedal), cover band stuff, and local shows with the originals band along with the 2 410s, and further afield I use the tc with provided cabs, and for dep and theatre shows, its the tc with 410

• Like 1

Gawd - Cetera for me. I mainly use a GK MB500 through a Barefaced Big Baby II OR A Schroeder 2x12. I’ve also got and Eden 4x10 and a Trace 1 x 15.

Ive got both iterations of the Bugera Veyron heads, an Ashdown ABM 500, three old school Trace Heads, a 1969 Laney Supergroup 100, a Markbass 1x12 Combo and a little Roland practice combo. I should really get shot of the Trace stuff. As much as I love it it seldom gets used.

Main heads: Eden WT-550B (2 Ohm version), Ampeg SVT-III Pro + SVP-CL Preamp, Trace Elliot AH300SMX, Aguilar TH-500, Markbass TTE-500.  Also a little GK MBE150E-III head for quiet gigs.

Main cabs: Hartke 2 x HL210 & HL115 (with Eden, Ampeg, Trace, Markbass), Aguilar 2 x SL112 (with the TH-500).

I'll consolidate one of these days when I need to focus on 1 or 2 particular bands...

I have two heads and three cabs. Assuming my last BF One10 sells, that will be two GK heads  (Fusion 1200s & Legacy 800) and two BF 12"cabs (Super Midget and Super Compact).  I ticked the 2 box in the poll but I suppose its actually a modular 3 with a back up head.

9 hours ago, BillyBass said:

I have two heads and three cabs. Assuming my last BF One10 sells, that will be two GK heads  (Fusion 1200s & Legacy 800) and two BF 12"cabs (Super Midget and Super Compact).  I ticked the 2 box in the poll but I suppose its actually a modular 3 with a back up head.

That's fair. But what do you call a backup to the backup? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

Currently I have two bass amps. One is my Sixties Ampeg B15NF which I use as my practice amp. the other is a four space rack case holding a Carvin 2KW capable power amp and a tube pre-amp I designed and built to drive it. The power amp is used to drive either two or four of my Acme B2 2x10 boxes that I stack as a vertical 4x10. Both sound heavenly! ;)

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1

Heads

Behringer Nuke

Behringer BX4500 (two of these)

Behringer  BVT 550H

Harley Benton 600H

Trace Elliot GP12 SMX

Trace Elliott Elf

Bugera Veyron BV100M

Bugera Veyron BV100T

Mark Bass Little Mark Tube 15Th Anniversary MBH110055Z

Orange Little Bass Thing 

Ampeg SVT-CL

Ashdown CTM100

Cabs

No name 1x15 (two of)

Trace Elliot 1x15 (two of)

Trace Elliot 2x10

Trace Elliot 1x10 

Trace Elliot Elf 2x8 (two of)

Trace Elliot Elf 1x10 (two of)

Ashdown RM 1x12

Barefaced Midget

Barefaced Compact (two of)

TC Electronic 2x8 (two of)

Combos

Ibanez Promethean P5110

TC Electronic BG250

Ashdown RM500 1x12

Power Amp

Behringer NU1000

Also various preamp pedals for use with power amp.

Apologies if I've forgotten anything.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Heads

Behringer Nuke

Behringer BX4500 (two of these)

Behringer  BVT 550H

Harley Benton 600H

Trace Elliot GP12 SMX

Trace Elliott Elf

Bugera Veyron BV100M

Bugera Veyron BV100T

Mark Bass Little Mark Tube 15Th Anniversary MBH110055Z

Orange Little Bass Thing 

Ampeg SVT-CL

Ashdown CTM100

Cabs

No name 1x15 (two of)

Trace Elliot 1x15 (two of)

Trace Elliot 2x10

Trace Elliot 1x10 

Trace Elliot Elf 2x8 (two of)

Trace Elliot Elf 1x10 (two of)

Ashdown RM 1x12

Barefaced Midget

Barefaced Compact (two of)

TC Electronic 2x8 (two of)

Combos

Ibanez Promethean P5110

TC Electronic BG250

Ashdown RM500 1x12

Power Amp

Behringer NU1000

Also various preamp pedals for use with power amp.

Apologies if I've forgotten anything.

We have a winner !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2