Why become a member? ×

Peavey Max 150 12" Combo with Hotcovers Fitted Cover Now £220 ono On Hold - *SOLD*
£260
Fakenham, Norfolk, UK

Now on hold pending collection and payment.

For sale is my Peavey Max 150 combo with fitted Hotcovers cover. EDIT:  It is has been pointed out to me that Reidy’s are knocking these out for approx. £320 new in their sale and normally sell it for a squidge under £340. At PMT it is £440 but Reidy’s having screwed the market, I have reduced the amp to 2/3rd new price and you get the cover for virtually nothing! 

This is a versatile, compact combo with a lot of built in tone shaping options, tuner and an internal sloping baffle that angles the speaker up by 10 degrees. This makes it easier to hear yourself when you are standing close to the amp. The full spec is here: https://peavey.com/product/max-150-150-watt-bass-amp-combo/?srsltid=AfmBOopFGvVqIWHuxsfwmQa9SGU3tYsNwT8mi_HS7oQnP9zlc9TKFg2K.

The 150 title is a bit misleading as it only runs at a maximum 120 watts with the internal speaker. I think the 150 is achieved by connecting an external 8 ohm speaker (speaker combo socket). The manual doesn't shed any light on this but when I connected my LFSys Monza there was a considerable boost in output. The 120 watts may seem modest but I have used this combo on its own for a number of pub gigs and it was more than adequate. There is a good balanced DI out with ground lift, so you can connect to front of house if you need more and it makes a good personal monitor. The tone through the 12" internal speaker is pretty balanced, perhaps erring a touch towards old school, without sacrificing highs. The tone shaping options can give you quite a range from vintage to more modern HIFI. Weight is about 14Kg and its an easy lift with the well placed top strap.

I have had this combo for less than two years and it hasn't had a lot of use recently since I bought the LFSys Monza, which is why I have decided to sell it. I have gigged it several times and there are a few marks in the tolex which I have pictured. These are primarily on the underside, as the padded cover has done its job for the rest of the amp. The cover has a pocket for cables etc.

You are welcome to try and buy in Fakenham, Norfolk, which I realise may not be convenient for many: I have the original box and can post/courier at buyer's expense and I can meet up for handover within about 50 miles of Fakenham. Any questions, please ask away.

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1083.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1085.jpeg

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

Edited by Obrienp
Price reduced, offer received

• Obrienp changed the title to Peavey Max 150 12" Combo with Hotcovers Fitted Cover Now £220 ono SOLD