Why become a member? ×

Distance selling regulations

Graham

Hi all, quick one - post Brexit, are distance selling regulations still a thing?

There's a bass I want to buy at Bass Bros, but I can't get over there to try it out and while I'm very confident I'll like it, >£2k is more than I've ever spent on an instrument so am a little nervous about it

Can I still return within 14 days (at my cost) if I don't gel with it? 

It's pre-owned too, so not sure if that makes a difference 

Thanks all, it's been *ages* since I've bought a new bass

I'd call the shop to make arrangements and ask all questions. Maybe negotiate a slightly longer trial period even.

Or make a trip out of it, book a b&b and see the sights? Granted this adds to the cost of the thing.

I don't think there's been a change to the distance selling rules.

1 hour ago, Bolo said:

I'd call the shop to make arrangements and ask all questions. Maybe negotiate a slightly longer trial period even.

Or make a trip out of it, book a b&b and see the sights? Granted this adds to the cost of the thing.

Note that distanceselling is for unseen items, so if they do a video call which shows you the item, then I think that could count as having inspected it.

1 hour ago, Bolo said:

For other retailers, this may not be worth it - but with Bass Bros. and Bass Direct being very close to each other you could try and very good range of basses in one fell swoop, should the one you're looking at not work out.

Cheers guys, I'd love to visit and maybe take in Bass Direct as well, but between work and childcare I just can't free up the time at the moment

I'll give the shop a call, I've only ever heard good things about them, so hopefully we can sort something out

2 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Nice! Have to say BassBros work quickly. Can't see the page anymore 😂

I suspect it may be this one, if not it's very similar