Why become a member? ×

Yungblud?

Did you know that the recording artist and former star of Emmerdale, Yungblud aka Dominic Harrison is the son of Justin Harrison of the 'Music Ground' Denmark Street Harrisons? I didn't until I saw the Trogly video documenting his new signature Epiphone SG Jnr.

Justin Harrison, along with his late father Rick is probably best known for all sorts of dodgy shenannigans http://www.davidjpym.com/page459.html including selling stolen guitars and fake amps.

Bit clickbaity? The son shouldn't be punished for the crimes of the father. 

There's an interesting Louis Theroux documentary featuring YungBlud, during that they touch on his trouble relationship with his father. 

I don't particularly like his music, but I can respect the path he's walking.

Seems like a good kid. He’s just given away thousands of free tickets to his festival to those on low incomes. 

We may be old and embittered but there’s something about your first rock band or rock artist and the guy seems to be doing great business around the world. 

• Like 3

I have difficulty with young Mr Yungblud, his career is built off the back of his families dodgy dealings. I respect that he has nothing to do with it, but his upbringing has profited from his Dad & Grandad's take on running a business, and I'm sure that the contacts he's made have been helped by the people they know.

Sure he's a nice lad, but not for me.

• Confused 1

My daughter was a big fan a couple of years ago - always seemed somewhat manufactured teenage angsty outrage to me but she convinced me to watch his glastonbury set - hell of a performer. Was impressive and he seemed much more sincere (if rather gushing) live

1 hour ago, Skybone said:

I have difficulty with young Mr Yungblud, his career is built off the back of his families dodgy dealings. I respect that he has nothing to do with it, but his upbringing has profited from his Dad & Grandad's take on running a business, and I'm sure that the contacts he's made have been helped by the people they know.

Sure he's a nice lad, but not for me.

“The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father”

Long haired bloke, famous dad. 

• Like 2

So if your dad does dodgy stuff you aren't allowed to get on and get recognition for your own achievements? 🤔

Like @godathunder my daughter also likes him and when I took her to see him a couple of years ago I was really impressed. He is a proper old school rock performer and the packed crowd lapped him up. 

I say fair play to him for recognising how massively expensive gigs/festivals have become and doing something practical about it. 

On 09/08/2024 at 22:37, Burns-bass said:

“The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father”

Long haired bloke, famous dad. 

"Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation."

The famous dad in question.

Edit: Just to make clear I don't believe that the child should be punished for the sins of the father (nor, for that matter, should the father be punished for the sins of the child, eg Joe Biden, nor should someone be punished for the sins of his sibling, eg Jeremy Corbyn). 

Edited by tauzero

On 12/08/2024 at 16:39, Lozz196 said:

I remember going to see Bon Jovi at MK Bowl in 1989 and it appears not much has changed since then, took over 3hrs in the queue to get a drink.

I was there as well. Bloody nightmare getting in. Great gig though. 

• Like 1