Why become a member? ×

So who is going to Arc Tangent 2024

JottoSW1

On 10/08/2024 at 12:01, TheRev said:

It would be tricky doing Saturday with a melted face.

But not unprecedented. 

Should NOT have purchased this.  I WIILL MAYBE ned need to sell really. Go fund Me @laney amps  @Ashdown Engineering

Too soon I have stuff to do like arranging to host a refugee that isn't escaping Bloodstock

On 10/08/2024 at 07:26, MichaelDean said:

I am! I won a 4 day ticket. Really looking forward to Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai, Conan, And So I Watch You From Afar and 

C you ùu there per hu apsùuù

WIsh I was going - loads of music I really like and lots of friends there, however with the kids I can't do that many days away from home

There's a realy good podcast by James and Gavin the promoters of ATG/2000 Trees and Damnation festival. It's funny and very candid about the way they go about booking their festivals and the difficulties and costs involved. Very candid infact, in a a recent episode they went into the costs of running the festivals to the pound

Well worth a listen if you attend any of three festivals they run

Edit: I tried to embed a link, but it didn't work so search 2 Promoters 1 Pod on Spotify/Apple/the pod-catcher of your choice

https://open.spotify.com/show/3Crf0fiqO6VA9rtw6Z0KvO?si=4dM-UDcLS0y0IjNs2dVZMw

Edited by Graham

Arctangent takes its name from the fourth album by 90s/00s UK alt-metal band earthtone9. They've recently got back together & released a devastatingly good new album, and are playing on the Saturday.

If you're going, do take the time to go & see them. There'd be no Arctangent without them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Arctangent takes its name from the fourth album by 90s/00s UK alt-metal band earthtone9. They've recently got back together & released a devastatingly good new album, and are playing on the Saturday.

If you're going, do take the time to go & see them. There'd be no Arctangent without them.

Fantastic band. Had lots of good conversations with Karl and Owen over the years. Karl did the whole moving to America thing as well, and we compared notes. :) 

Makes me wonder what happened to a load of the other bands who were around at the time. 

Edited by Russ
  • Like 2

I'll be there for the full weekend. My third time. I'm local and old so driving in each day and taking the kids Thursday. 

Really looking forward to Bossk, Julie Christmas, Baroness, Red Fang, Mogwai, Night Verses, Meshuggah and Electric Wizard.

I was production manager for last year's ATG. Sadly not there this year, but it's such a great festival (as is it's mildly less mathy counterpart, 2000trees). Run as a real labour of love by people who are driven by their love of the music there. 

• Like 2

I’m jealous. I went to the first atg in 2013 & I’d love to be able to go this year. Meshuggah are going to sound absolutely massive, they are the best metal band for me in the world. On a different note I was able to see cats cats cats in London last week who were great fun. Have a fabulous time. 

• Like 1

OK. I AM attending tomorrow.

I will be driving a ZIP CAR with DAMAGE WAIVER. From LONDON SW1P 2EU.

Car / People Carrier. Likely to be booked for Saturday As Well. Therefore John may not be driving back till Saturday.

Have basic cooking eqpt if someone brings a Tent 4 Friday night. 

Am winnging this folks. Was preparing to HITCHHIKE.

Parking won't be a problem. If you don't get a ticket in advance, you can pay on arrival. Parking marshals have card machines. Last year it was £30

If you need a ticket, there are loads in the Arctangent Facebook group for sale