Why become a member? ×

So who is going to Arc Tangent 2024

JottoSW1

14 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Parking won't be a problem. If you don't get a ticket in advance, you can pay on arrival. Parking marshals have card machines. Last year it was £30

If you need a ticket, there are loads in the Arctangent Facebook group for sale

Thank you very much

Yesterday was awesome. Loads of great music. It's such a friendly, relaxed atmosphere there. All the staff were great, security are great and even the heavy rain wasn't bringing peoples mood down. 

We took both my kids yesterday, my youngest daughter is 12 and it was her first proper metal gig, she had her mind blown while watching Baroness up near the front. I was working hard keeping her safe as all the crowd surfers went over but it was worth it. Gina Gleason is now her guitar hero.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Yesterday was awesome. Loads of great music. It's such a friendly, relaxed atmosphere there. All the staff were great, security are great and even the heavy rain wasn't bringing peoples mood down. 

We took both my kids yesterday, my youngest daughter is 12 and it was her first proper metal gig, she had her mind blown while watching Baroness up near the front. I was working hard keeping her safe as all the crowd surfers went over but it was worth it. Gina Gleason is now her guitar hero.

Didn't make it till today. Events Vicissitudes and now 4am inconsiderate people.

@SteveXFR you still here.?? JdeV 07985 917471.  Bring me drugs and another blanket.

13 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

Today has been great too. A surprise for me was The Omnific. I didn't like them recorded, but it made more sense live. Ridiculous bass chops, and the drummer was great. 

Yes. Thanks for reminding me who they were.  Gimme a call 07985 917471 if u still here.

On 10/08/2024 at 08:55, TheRev said:

I don't get back from holiday until early Friday AM, so going on Saturday only. Mogwai, ASIWYFA abd Bossk 😃

See you, am going home at some point tomorrow 

I don't get back from holiday until early Friday AM, so going on Saturday only. Mogwai, ASIWYFA abd Bossk 😃

See you, am going home at some point tomorrow 

See you, am going home at some point tomorrow/today.

See you, am going home at some point tomorrow/today.

What a weekend. 

Baroness, Julie Christmas, Meshuggah and Bossk were definite highlights with Meshuggah being absolutely incredible. 

Animals As Leaders were a real surprise, I've tried listening to them a few times and they didn't hit the spot but I really enjoyed them live.

The only negative was the sound on the Bixler stage. Either the sound tech only likes drums or there were PA issues. I tried watching a few bands in there and the sound was dreadful 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Either the sound tech only likes drums or there were PA issues. I tried watching a few bands in there and the sound was dreadful 

I noticed that with Caspian, though they were on the Yohkai stage - the kick and snare were really overpowering the rest of the band.

• Like 2

On 15/08/2024 at 13:20, SteveXFR said:

Parking won't be a problem. If you don't get a ticket in advance, you can pay on arrival. Parking marshals have card machines. Last year it was £30

If you need a ticket, there are loads in the Arctangent Facebook group for sale

Hope you enjoyed yourself yourselves 

I. Certainly Diddd.

17 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

What a weekend. 

Baroness, Julie Christmas, Meshuggah and Bossk were definite highlights with Meshuggah being absolutely incredible. 

Animals As Leaders were a real surprise, I've tried listening to them a few times and they didn't hit the spot but I really enjoyed them live.

The only negative was the sound on the Bixler stage. Either the sound tech only likes drums or there were PA issues. I tried watching a few bands in there and the sound was dreadful 

@SteveXFRglad it didn't rain. Missed mogwai and clown core cancelled.

No Internet awkward. Transport problematic especially 4 JottoSW1 

Could be a better Festival next year for sure.

@ash

Highlights for me were Bicurious, Conan, And So I Watch You From Afar, Explosions in the Sky, Sans Froid, Haal, The Omnific, Meshuggah (really surprised I enjoyed it, I don't like their recorded stuff, but about an hour was enough for me before it became super samey), Anta, Fort, Bossk, Electric Wizard, Mogwai.

SO. MANY. HIGHLIGHTS! 

Loved it. Even got a lift home from my drummer who came for Saturday evening, so I've had a shower, slept in my own bed, a really long bath, and put all my camping stuff away. 

Also bumped into a former band mate who I haven't seen in ages, and we just had loads of catch up time, which was lovely. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2024 at 14:51, MichaelDean said:

Sorry mate, the intermittent access to the internet meant I didn't see this.

No probs. Are you on the 2 available ArcTanGent Facebook groups ?

On 18/08/2024 at 00:53, TheRev said:

I noticed that with Caspian, though they were on the Yohkai stage - the kick and snare were really overpowering the rest of the band.

Some of the witches hat style stages were consistently very muddled sounding much of the time.