Why become a member? ×

Charles Berthoud

3 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

On Facebook you get fed what Meta think you want. You actually have to keep rejecting things to stop them, and it will often find other ways to serve you the content.

Nah, none of that...Just use 'F.B. Purity'. You can choose pretty much anything you want or don't want on your timeline.

:D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Cheers! Just added it...

1 minute ago, asingardenof said:

It is a tremendous add-on!

If the adds start to pop up again use the below ' X Zap', then close Facebook, re-open, then the ads will be gone. 

The chap running F.B. Purity tends to keep on top of it, an update will appear every now and again. The above is always a workaround until an update.

It's usually down to Facebook fighting back.

1.thumb.jpg.4b7c944d088e191e8ef084aea79bd9d9.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lowdown said:

Nah, none of that...Just use 'F.B. Purity'. You can choose pretty much anything you want or don't want on your timeline.

How do I do this? You're talking to an IT idiot here!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

How do I do this?

Just say "FB Purity" 3 times and click your heels together....

:biggrin:

Or better, look for the extensions button next to your browser address bar. On Edge it looks like a jigsaw piece. Then look up FB purity and follow the instructions...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chris_b said:

How do I do this? You're talking to an IT idiot here!!

Once downloaded and installed, there are a whole load of options on the left-hand side to toggle on and off.

So it's worth having a good look. It really can tidy up Facebook.

FB.thumb.jpg.94c2595230180417447ccb5b1c777c1a.jpg

• Like 2

Oooo, I'm late to this one (and hasn't it been busy and miffy? 🙂 ), but I like watching CB, and I fully get where he's coming from - if I could do what he does (and that'd take more rehearsing hours than I have left on the planet, plus some kind of genetic booster to get me even started properly) I'd do it like a shot, and I wouldn't lose a moment's sleep over it. And, as has been said, he's an ambassador for the bass in today's social media world (albeit one that sets the bar impossibly high) and doesn't take it all too seriously.

I know Nige Clutterbuck, and he's been accused in the past of similar 'non-musical wittery' before, but most people/keyboard warriors who have suggested that on t'internet have failed to take into account that it was part of his job for a good long time (he worked for Rotosound, and 200mph slappery draws the crowds at trade fairs and online), and also he's a great bassist when he's not doing the show stuff.

Edited by Muzz
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

I've said it before, but will say it again: Nigel Clutterbuck must surely get the prize for the name that sounds most like his playing! (when slapping at least)

After the music shows his surname did become a verb.

To 'clutterbuck' meaning 'to play bass like you're falling down a long staircase'

30 minutes ago, cetera said:

After the music shows his surname did become a verb.

To 'clutterbuck' meaning 'to play bass like you're falling down a long staircase'

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clutterbuck

A loud noise akin to a metal dustbin full of cutlery falling down some stairs.

Did you hear that band? Their bassist was making a right clutterbuck.

• Like 1

Speaking of bass playing Nigels, I've only just discovered that through the first couple of versions of Duran Duran, Nigel John Taylor was still going by his first name. (And at that time the synthist who found fame as Nick Rhodes was calling himself Dior Bates)

On 15/08/2024 at 23:49, tauzero said:

Also very useful for sorting your feed into "most recent" order.

Haha, I've been using F.B Purity for about three years and I missed that one. o.O

Edited by lowdown

On 15/08/2024 at 18:56, chris_b said:

Thanks guys. FBP now installed and, hopefully, working.

I'm probably missing something, but is there any way to pin FBP so it's active when FB starts up? So far it doesn't come up with FB and I have to re-install every time.

24 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I'm probably missing something, but is there any way to pin FBP so it's active when FB starts up? So far it doesn't come up with FB and I have to re-install every time.

On top of the very first post on your timeline you will see F.B. Purity. Click on that and it will show up on the left-hand side.

1.thumb.jpg.8265aa6a85d09b69b3c5154d5048b4ef.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8e022fc0c58b032e11ed1821e41c57c6.jpg

Edited by lowdown

10 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Thanks for that @lowdown but when FB is stopped, for any reason, when it starts up again FBP doesn't come up with it, and I have to re-install. Is there a way of making this happen automatically?

What browser are you using, Chris?

9 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Firefox, with duck duck go.

If you go into the Add-ons manager, do you see F.B. Purity in there and is it enabled? If not, you could try using Add-ons manager to add FBP and see if that solves the problem.