Why become a member? ×

Eminence travel bass - with removable neck, flightcase and more!
£1600
N.Ireland

Hi all - up for sale is my Eminence upright travel bass. This is the removable neck model, bought from (All Hail) Bob Gollihur back in 2001-ish. The fingerboard was worked on by a great luthier here, with the resulting action across the fingerboard being super comfortable.

Comes with a few goodies - first is the Realist pickup that came as standard, plus a second pickup by AptFlex - basically a Russian version of a Realist. 

Second is a gig bag made for the Eminence. The bass was originally sold with padded cases for the bass when the neck and body are separated, but they're not functional for every day gigging (unless you like pulling apart LOTS of velcro) *the gigbag and the separate cases, plus the stand don't all fit in the golf cart at the same time. Minus the separate case for the body, everything fits in fine.*

Third is a 'spare rib' I had made from an old defunct double bass. This gives the Eminence a more realistic feel/distance to your body when playing.

Fourth is the golf club case. Still works great, though the locks were never the most confidence inspiring. I always had a luggage belt with a lock/combination wrapped around the case for peace of mind travelling.

And lastly is is a tripod stand with a specially designed holder for the 'foot'.

This is no case queen as the various varnish chips and dings will attest to. This bass has travelled the world a few times and always performed admirably.

Two things worth noting - there is a surface crack at the bass side f-hole. This has been there since day one and not budged or grown since so never been an issue. Second is that is used to have an old Schaller magnetic pickup years ago, which has left a few screw holes at the end of the fingerboard where the pickup was attached.

£1600 with courier organised by you. You're welcome to come try the bass if Rathfriland, Co.Down is anyway local to you. I make very good coffee.

IMG_9144.thumb.jpg.f0176d3bc9aa8c47ad6e2f2d0b5d52a7.jpgIMG_9145.thumb.jpg.0e6dee5529bff2f6676c09681a7f548c.jpgIMG_9146.thumb.jpg.47bca3ce3ac957493ba69ea66b0dccad.jpgIMG_9147.thumb.jpg.717552c22e66457bbb9b69126c1ac4ee.jpgIMG_9149.thumb.jpg.658799ff1503cb46e82a58f91b1dfd50.jpgIMG_9143.thumb.jpg.3abea69d33d1d367fed821a7f676b4a5.jpg

Edited by Gareth Hughes
  • Like 5

Agreed with Jack. I've had two of these and both were excellent. I'd say the crack is more likely to be a surface abrasion. I had some crazing on the finish on one of mine and it looked much worse than it really was.

• Like 1