Why become a member? ×

Yet another NAD

E sharp

The temptation that is Chimike's place, has struck again. 

Was after the DB750, as just can't seem to find a 751 that anyone wants to sell.

Day off work, and drove from Norfolk to Worthing (Sussex) - I don't know how people do the M25 every day, I really don't. Had a remarkably close shave with a car spinning off after hitting the concrete centre right in front of me on the way back- no idea how I and others missed him really, but there you go. 

So went down to get the Aguilar, and ended up depleting all that money I had after selling two basses, by buying the Trace too. 

I'm sort of glad that I'm now out of dosh completely, and that Mike is so far away, or I'd be helping him in his quest to clear out the hoarders paradise that masquerades as an engineering unit. 

Just a quick picIMG_20240812_183020.jpg.ab6e24a9c13a5066fdb95939d11e9201.jpg

• Like 9

Just an additional note, that Mike is an absolutely lovely guy, and real font of knowledge when it comes to older amps.

If I didn't have such a long journey back home, I could of easily spent hours there, just taking about gear and playing in general. 

He still has a ton of stuff there. 

The Trace V8 has gone, but there's still a lovely pristine V6 there, and other old Trace stuff hidden away. 

A lot of his stuff will be difficult to find anywhere else I reckon. 

Paul

• Like 1

On 12/08/2024 at 21:16, E sharp said:

The temptation that is Chimike's place, has struck again. 

Was after the DB750, as just can't seem to find a 751 that anyone wants to sell.

Day off work, and drove from Norfolk to Worthing (Sussex) - I don't know how people do the M25 every day, I really don't. Had a remarkably close shave with a car spinning off after hitting the concrete centre right in front of me on the way back- no idea how I and others missed him really, but there you go. 

So went down to get the Aguilar, and ended up depleting all that money I had after selling two basses, by buying the Trace too. 

I'm sort of glad that I'm now out of dosh completely, and that Mike is so far away, or I'd be helping him in his quest to clear out the hoarders paradise that masquerades as an engineering unit. 

Just a quick picIMG_20240812_183020.jpg.ab6e24a9c13a5066fdb95939d11e9201.jpg

Amazing stuff, Paul! 

Great to see someone flying the flag for proper amplification too... 😁😊👍

And yes, Mike is an absolute Gent and really knows his stuff! 

• 2 weeks later...