Why become a member? ×

NPD - JAM Pedals Rattler Bass V2

Thunderpaws

Had the honour of sticking this on my board for rehearsal last night. 

initial impressions very positive. Always thought I wanted a bass fuzz, turns out I wanted a bass rat!! 

Very versatile sounds from creamy subtle gooeyness to full blown drive. Mix knob excellent and the sound blends in with the clean wonderfully. 

second foot switch is a boost which increases the gain to stand out a bit more when you want to punch through that hit more. Seems like a bit of volume added with a bit more bite. 

negatives: side mounted power socket right next to the side mounted output jack socket is a pain in the derrier. Patch cable not enjoying the bend over the power supply plug. Why Jam put it there I have no idea. 

looking forward to getting to know this pedal more over the coming weeks and months. 

IMG_6059.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a Rattler and I really like it. I actually don’t like distorted bass tone but I have found having the Rattler helps cutting through in live setting. So I set it up for that for heavier songs. It is really good if you set it right. I actually have the LucyDreamer as well and I keep changing my mind which one I prefer. Both are really good. 

@Supernaut if you are not worried about looks I would keep checking the B stock section on the Jam Pedals website. I got mine there. Free shipping and the price was under the import tax threshold so I thought it was dirt cheap. They say it’s just external blemishes but I couldn’t find any on my Lucy but I did get a different pedal and the paint work was not right on one side but honestly you couldn’t see it and obviously doesn’t affect performance so highly recommended. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Brilliant sounding pedal - I've got a couple of Jam pedals now and they're brilliant (and really well presented and packaged!)  My only niggle with the rattler is the headroom, apparently mkII has more headroom but I still find myself having to crank the level with any reasonable clean blend mixed in.  Never found it to be too quiet though so no biggy.

I find this blends with an octaver better than any muff fuzz for a brilliant synth tone