Why become a member? ×

Fender colbalt pickups

Just ordered them for my jazz - £205 from gig gear paid for from last gig - hoping as advertised they’ll be quiet and have more clarity 

they look good too. Once compressed my G string sounds different more zingy than my other strings so can alter the pole piece now

get them hopefully at weekend- will report back after next rehearsal 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Will be interested in what you think of them once installed

will report back - hoping for less noise and a bit more note definition - the originals are good but have a bit of hum when not both full on - saw the colbalt and thought give em a try - pricey gamble but videos have been good on these

Yes good. First rehearsals and added bite, clarity and punch. Really happy - turned an already good bass into a great bass. 

They definitely have sauce as the kids say.  Kinda like paying £200 for a pedal but that’s always on. 

Well balanced and not overly aggressive, kinda mix between modern punch with vintage warmth

well done Tim Shaw

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Very nice cover too. 👍

Cheers Sir. Just started this new project- funny story our debut 10 Aug - Will Sergeant turned up to check us out!

https://x.com/Will_Fuzz/status/1822610225121157278?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• Like 1